Jesus on a Bike

• 45 Replies

Yodasdad

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #30 on: April 17, 2018, 10:30:34 PM »
Not read all the other comments so apologies if I'm repeating anything.

Liked the feel and the groove to this and I think the title is great, very intriguing.

For me though I thought it needed more of a story lyrically. I know for some people, what you have would be enough for them to create there own story and make of it what the want. My imagination's just not that good though, and after the title peaked my interest, I wanted to hear all about Jesus on a bike.

Personally I would develop this further, but a great concept.

Yodasdad

Mike67

« Reply #31 on: April 18, 2018, 07:57:13 AM »
Loved the vibe, which is very cool. Nice guitar and I liked the treatment of the lyrics. Definately worth developing further. Reference to a bike  woukd be good, but only needs to be fleeting. Great work and a great idea.

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
  • What would you rather be or a wasp?
« Reply #32 on: April 18, 2018, 09:24:32 AM »
Loved the vibe, which is very cool. Nice guitar and I liked the treatment of the lyrics. Definately worth developing further. Reference to a bike  woukd be good, but only needs to be fleeting. Great work and a great idea.

Thanks TfZ, love that avatar and tag, really cool.

Brilliant idea about the bike reference, If i revisit this I'll definitely put that in, and as you say, only a fleeting glimpse is enough, maybe a sample from Lance admitting his guilt...or a mad commentator at the end of a TdF stage?

Thanks again for the listen and comments.

cpm

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #33 on: April 18, 2018, 09:52:00 AM »
Not read all the other comments so apologies if I'm repeating anything.

Liked the feel and the groove to this and I think the title is great, very intriguing.

For me though I thought it needed more of a story lyrically. I know for some people, what you have would be enough for them to create there own story and make of it what the want. My imagination's just not that good though, and after the title peaked my interest, I wanted to hear all about Jesus on a bike.

Personally I would develop this further, but a great concept.

Yodasdad

Whato Yodasdad, thanks for the listen, That's interesting about the title, funnily enough a little while ago I posted an article here about how important the title of a song is, and that stirred up allsorts of reactions, this song's title is a direct result of that discussion.

This used to be called A is for Zebra, up until a couple of days before I posted it here, and I'm now convinced that if a song has an interesting title it can certainly help to open the door (or perarly gates even?) q.e.d.

I think there's not much more I can add to the experience, the song says it all, if you would have seen him you would have written a song too, and the crazy thing is that today I saw another bloke who looked very like him, listens to his iphone with earbuds in, I wonder what he was listening to? surely not me....surely not.

Thanks for the advice.

cpm

Movin Flavour

• Platinum Album
« Reply #34 on: April 19, 2018, 07:17:58 PM »
Great Funky tune, just felt it needed fe more vocals in it.

A real DEEP voice... Bit like the Sopranos intro....but that just in my head.

A good listen.

Sandeep

PaulyX

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #35 on: April 21, 2018, 08:28:32 PM »
Hi CPM
Really interesting little sound sculpture.  Unpredictable throughout.  Not sure it's a song, but it's for sure a groovy creative interlude.  Dig the unusual beat too, like many have already commented.
I also saw Jesus on a Bike by the way.  This guy was riding across the Millennium Bridge in London.  He didn't look like Jesus, but he was shouting it as he cycled: "No problem, I am Jesus!".  I had no reason not to believe him, so I guess he must have been.
It's all too beautiful.

montydog

• Stadium Tour
  • http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h40/montydog1/Me
    • Reverbnation
« Reply #36 on: May 08, 2018, 05:01:04 PM »
Hi,

Loved the musical textures and the overall vibe. Didn't like the weird vocal effect on the repeated verse. It's kind of like an unfinished piece you'd stick on the end of an album. Too short and unresolved for my ears.

M

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #37 on: May 09, 2018, 10:02:59 AM »
Hi,

Loved the musical textures and the overall vibe. Didn't like the weird vocal effect on the repeated verse. It's kind of like an unfinished piece you'd stick on the end of an album. Too short and unresolved for my ears.

M

Thanks for the listen M

The weird effect is a Vocoder, I wanted a devilish antithesis of the heavenly Jesus reference (it's a love it or loathe it with those I'm afraid), I think your'e right it's not a complete piece, maybe a part of a song,, I've a few bits like this that I suppose could be stapled together,probably would work well. Unresolved is right to my ears to, or a as you say a reprise, like Wasted Time on the Hotel California LP...

Thanks for the ideas M

cpm

GinaEllen

• Busker
  • Session Singer
    • Online Session Singer
« Reply #38 on: May 09, 2018, 02:40:13 PM »
Diggin' the vibe of this  ;)

The vocals really work too IMO, I like the simple phrases with the space between with the atmospheric guitar. I do think they need to last longer though, I was just getting into it!
Professional session singer for hire online.
Website ... Online Session Singer
Soundcloud
Facebook
Instagram
Spotify

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #39 on: May 09, 2018, 07:48:46 PM »
Diggin' the vibe of this  ;)

The vocals really work too IMO, I like the simple phrases with the space between with the atmospheric guitar. I do think they need to last longer though, I was just getting into it!

Hi Gina

Hope you are well

Thanks for the listen, sometimes brevity works sometimes it doesn't,I will think about getting that one in another.

Regards

cpm

IronKnee

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #40 on: May 11, 2018, 06:41:05 AM »
As I am listening, it's a nice beat...moves and flows nicely.
I see your question on your page that asks, "be or a wasp"??

I could be either....but, today I am a wasp (out of principal)
"I know the truth, by my struggle against it"
                                                          -IronKnee

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #41 on: May 11, 2018, 08:14:47 AM »
Glad you like it Iron Knee,

Do you have magnetic trousers?

cpm

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #42 on: May 11, 2018, 08:29:18 AM »
Great listen, great vibe. Could be a theme to an American copy show. Loved the FX you used. Quality piece of work @cowparsleyman

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #43 on: May 11, 2018, 08:32:25 AM »
@pompeyjazz - Thanks PJ that's praise indeed, that's made my day. I don't know what a copy show is...I'm a bit thick like that.

cpm