Jesus on a Bike

• 45 Replies

Johnnyuk

« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2018, 08:20:33 PM »
Hi Rich,
I liked the beat of this one. It reminded me of a that donna summer song called state of independance when the beat kicks in.
Very cool.
So yes i think it is well worth revisiting.

Johnny :)

Hi Johnny

Thanks for the listen, and glad you liked the beats, I remember Donna's 'State of Independence' coming out and that was one hell of a hook, when the beat came in.

I'll see what other comments come this way before I decide what to do next.

Cheers

cpm

Hi Rich,
Whatever advice you get please keep that beat. It pins down the entire track imo.

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
  • What would you rather be or a wasp?
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2018, 08:49:35 PM »
Hi Rich,
I liked the beat of this one. It reminded me of a that donna summer song called state of independance when the beat kicks in.
Very cool.

Hi Johnny

Thanks for the listen, and glad you liked the beats, I remember Donna's 'State of Independence' coming out and that was one hell of a hook, when the beat came in.

Cheers

cpm

Hi Rich,
Whatever advice you get please keep that beat. It pins down the entire track imo.

I agree, that beat is rather cool, especially with the bass synth vibe. Never mind that....can you imagine seeing The Son of God on a City bike? quite a moment, I even think he had a rack on the back, now what on Earth, (pun intended) does He have on his rack....anwsers on a postcard please.

If I could have taken a photo It would have made you guys think twice, all I can say is that I still have that image in my head whenever I hear this song.

cpm

Johnnyuk

« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2018, 09:25:49 PM »
Hi Rich,
Very cool.

Hi Johnny

Cheers

cpm

Hi Rich,

I agree, that beat is rather cool, especially with the bass synth vibe. Never mind that....can you imagine seeing The Son of God on a City bike? quite a moment, I even think he had a rack on the back, now what on Earth, (pun intended) does He have on his rack....anwsers on a postcard please.

If I could have taken a photo It would have made you guys think twice, all I can say is that I still have that image in my head whenever I hear this song.

cpm

Hi Rich,
I remember an email from you asking me how i created my beats up for my songs cos you liked them. I told you how i make them up etc but in this track of yours you have made a great beat up so it's your turn to tell me how did you do that?

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2018, 08:26:17 AM »
Hi Rich,
Very cool.

Hi Johnny

Cheers

cpm

Hi Rich,

cpm

Hi Rich,
I remember an email from you asking me how i created my beats up for my songs cos you liked them. I told you how i make them up etc but in this track of yours you have made a great beat up so it's your turn to tell me how did you do that?

Hi Johnny

I use a number of sources for my drum tracks, a Boss DR 770, Arturia Spark2, Magix Beatbox2, Magix Indepoendence pro  and a Yamaha dtextreme III kit, the beats on this track was a combination of the 1st and 2nd. I can't remember exactly. I generally sync any MIDI devices to the internal MTC.

To my ears it is the 'Wonky bike' synth that adds the extra hook to the beats.

Normally on an EDM track I might use a few of them.

An observation about drum samples/loops is that they have been very carefully produced, and usually are nicely prepared, so one has to be careful with applying dynamics to what is probably already been through the squisher.

I've heard on one producer that does not apply anything to quality drum samples.

Hope this helps

cpm

Johnnyuk

« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2018, 12:08:36 PM »
Hi Rich,
Very cool.

Hi Johnny

Cheers

cpm

Hi Rich,

cpm

Hi Rich,

Hi Johnny

I use a number of sources for my drum tracks, a Boss DR 770, Arturia Spark2, Magix Beatbox2, Magix Indepoendence pro  and a Yamaha dtextreme III kit, the beats on this track was a combination of the 1st and 2nd. I can't remember exactly. I generally sync any MIDI devices to the internal MTC.

An observation about drum samples/loops is that they have been very carefully produced, and usually are nicely prepared, so one has to be careful with applying dynamics to what is probably already been through the squisher.

I've heard on one producer that does not apply anything to quality drum samples.

Hope this helps

cpm

Hi Rich,
Yes it does help. I'm always interested in how people put their drums together. It's a key element and you can tell on demo's who's gone a little more into detail with their drums. That weird sound your talked about that you say makes the track?
Well that is something i do a lot with beats here too. Find something kinda werid and percussive to throw in there on the off beat set back etc. It can really change the whole dynamic of the beat, make it more infectious etc.

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2018, 12:17:26 PM »
Hi Rich,
Very cool.

Hi Johnny

Cheers

cpm

Hi Rich,

cpm

Hi Rich,

Hi Johnny

Hope this helps

cpm

Hi Rich,
Yes it does help. I'm always interested in how people put their drums together. It's a key element and you can tell on demo's who's gone a little more into detail with their drums. That weird sound your talked about that you say makes the track?
Well that is something i do a lot with beats here too. Find something kinda werid and percussive to throw in there on the off beat set back etc. It can really change the whole dynamic of the beat, make it more infectious etc.

Totally agree

SlavaB

• Open Mic
  • Born to Rock
    • Official Web Site
« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2018, 12:41:53 PM »
I like your artist name, I find it fun and brilliant :D.

The soundtracks its self is very interesting, I like drums and guitar part and idea overall. The only thing I would add to that track is a bit more vocal. Overall I would rate it 4 out of 5 due to lack of vocal. Instrumental quality is very good.

Thanks.
Best Regards,
Slava B.

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2018, 12:52:53 PM »
I like your artist name, I find it fun and brilliant :D.

The soundtracks its self is very interesting, I like drums and guitar part and idea overall. The only thing I would add to that track is a bit more vocal. Overall I would rate it 4 out of 5 due to lack of vocal. Instrumental quality is very good.

Thanks.
Best Regards,
Slava B.

Hi SlavaB

It makes me smile too, even now, sounds a bit like a super hero, is it a bird? a plane? no it's 'Cowparsleyman'

Thanks for the listen, 4 out of 5 that's quite a lot, thanks. Glad you liked it.

Thanks for the compliment on the instrumental quality. That means a lot to me.

I'll bear it in mind with the vocals, if  I get the inspiration to remix it, I might do that although at the moment I'm happy with the limited Vox, I found that the first time it's heard your's listening out for some vocal, the second you know it's coming, then subsequent times you have accepted that hat it's not a vocal rich song, and that the complexion of the song isn't about the words or cleaver rhymes, it's just an embellishment if you will.

cpm

cpm

Viscount Cramer & His Orchestra

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2018, 01:44:59 PM »
Nice little groove here cpm. Love the guitars.

You could add just about anything without anyone being able to say it doesn't fit the convention.

Few words are fine. Says all there is to say. You saw a bloke on a bike and that's it. You could invent loads of scenarios but why?

Could maybe have some doo-doo-doohs towards the end...to go out with perhaps....or some whistling. That would kind of cement the idea that there's nothing else to say but what you said.
Take it easy.

You can check my stuff out here. Mini-album getting bigger slowly. Free download if you're poorer than me.

Easy Life - Viscount Cramer

steevm

• Busker
    • soundcloud profile
« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2018, 01:50:05 PM »
Guitar is great. Length seems fine. But where's the bass?

I'm not sure this needs more vocals - although a few additional embellishments probably wouldn't hurt either. I just didn't get the feeling that this was a particularly lyrical piece; it's about the beat and the guitars, at least to me. And those two elements are very well done.

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2018, 01:53:24 PM »
Hi CPM, really enjoyed this, great groove and the lead guitar fitted well. Wasn't such a fan of your epic casa song,but this is great. Compact and to the point!
Nice one!
Cheers
Jamie

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2018, 02:07:34 PM »
Whato Viscount and Steve, you both are in my phase, yip, I don't want to say much, and the trip is the vibe, I guess I could string it out to an EDM tune, but as I was mixing it, it died it's own death, as it were.

But whistling.... (I'd rather be a bit closer to the bloke on the bike's Dad) I'm afraid I have the Danny Baker aversion to whistling in songs, don't know why, Brian Ferry did a whistling solo in jealous guy, uuuuurgh. The only bloke I liked that whistled was that guy that did 'Durham Town' with the goatee beard, Roger Whittaker I think it was, he was the Hendrix of whistlers, I wonder how his mother is?

Glad you liked the Axes, Hmm the bass was provided by one of the synth lines, I don't like too much bass in my mixes, don't know why but that's just the way I do things, I've gone away form trying to satisfy every possible listening output device, from expensive hifi to cheap earbuds, so i listen on AKG Q701 Quincy Jones cans, Soundmagic e80 earbuds, JBL mid field passive monitors and in the car, and if it sounds good on all 4 then I'm happy to release it. (It's usually the car that tells me if there's too much bass..it's also good for checking Stereo field imaging.

Steve I agree it could well do with some intricate embellishments, got me thinking.....

Thanks again for your well considered comments.

cpm

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #27 on: April 17, 2018, 02:12:03 PM »
Hi CPM, really enjoyed this, great groove and the lead guitar fitted well. Wasn't such a fan of your epic casa song,but this is great. Compact and to the point!
Nice one!
Cheers
Jamie

Hi Jamie,

Are you ready? 8)

Thanks for you comment, It made me chuckle about 'Casa' I understand it's not everyones cuppa tea, and that's cool. Glad you liked it, and always grateful that you spend your precious time listening to what I do.

I might post a some more of my shorter pieces, in the future.

Thanks again Jamie

cpm

man of simple pleasures

• Platinum Album
  • power to the people
    • soundcloud
« Reply #28 on: April 17, 2018, 07:35:36 PM »
pretty mega when that electric guitar kicks in after 40 seconds, just gets better as it goes on!
fly away and find my peace of mind...

https://soundcloud.com/man-of-simple-pleasures/tracks

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #29 on: April 17, 2018, 08:35:35 PM »
pretty mega when that electric guitar kicks in after 40 seconds, just gets better as it goes on!

Wow, guy, thanks very much for your vote of confidence, these kind words really inspire me to do more.

much obliged, man of simple pleasures.

cpm