Jesus on a Bike

• 45 Replies

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
  • What would you rather be or a wasp?
« on: April 16, 2018, 08:16:35 AM »
Here's a little song about seeing Jesus on a bike one morning on the way to work, I would swear on the bible it was him, or at least the way Western societies like to portray him.

https://soundcloud.com/cowparsleyman/a-is-for-zebra

I recorded it about 3 years ago.

Gladly welcome any comments

Hope you like it.

cpm

rightly

• Stadium Tour
  • newer Soundcloud https://soundcloud.com/2rightly
    • My cloud o' sound.
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2018, 09:15:00 AM »
A fine idea.
It's good enough for you to revisit, maybe.

I like the opening and was wondering which way it'd go when the vocals came in.
They were suddenly there and they didn't disappoint, just not there long enough.

A nice listen, with promising ideas, just too short for me.

You're a very talented Mr. 
It's either this or that, then again it might be the other. 

I can promise you a future of slow decline.

Don't eat the yellow snow

And there you have it. 

https://soundcloud.com/2rightly

https://soundcloud.com/rightly

Neil C

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2018, 10:32:24 AM »
CPM,
Liking the funky intro, Great tone on the guitar.
Felt the vocals should come in earlier so it's more of a song than a jam but thats just me.
Enjoyed the jam though!
 :)
neil
songwriter of no repute..

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2018, 10:39:14 AM »
A fine idea.
It's good enough for you to revisit, maybe.

I like the opening and was wondering which way it'd go when the vocals came in.
They were suddenly there and they didn't disappoint, just not there long enough.

A nice listen, with promising ideas, just too short for me.

You're a very talented Mr.

Thanks for the listen and your all too kind comments, Your absolutely right, it is way too short, and this  was the start of my venture to longer songs like Casa Delirious, So I learned later on to not reveal too much too soon, but reveal the new ideas or hooks just before the listener was getting bored.

Maybe I do a remix...Have you got anything I can put in it?

You should have seen him, you would have written a song too.

Thanks again

cpm

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2018, 10:52:20 AM »
CPM,
Liking the funky intro, Great tone on the guitar.
Felt the vocals should come in earlier so it's more of a song than a jam but thats just me.
Enjoyed the jam though!
 :)
neil

Hi Neil

Thanks for the listen and you kind comments, I really did not know where this tune was going as I was tracking it.

Regarding the Axe, I too was pleased with the tone of the guitar. For your info the guitar is a custom strat which I put together myself, a mighty mite ebony neck, and a quilted maple top on an ash body (blinking heavy), with Fender fat 50 pickups (neck pos), played through a Palmer FAT 50 amp, mic'd up with a condensor mic. (I bought a Fender Standard strat once and never again, played and sounded awful - 1975 white with maple neck)

I was after the Clapton sound on Kate Bush's 'And so is Love', I could get it by buying a Fender Hot Rod Deville, but I don't want 2 amps, so I bought a joyo American pedal that emulates one for £20 and that does the job perfectly, I'm also thinking about the Fender emulation plugin from this forum, seem to have good feedback....

Anyway, catch you later Neil.

cpm

Jack_Diamond.

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2018, 01:25:15 PM »
I like this. Loved the synth bass and how it came in and out but i was missing it a little bit once the vocals came in (wanted to hear it again).

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2018, 01:45:34 PM »
I like this. Loved the synth bass and how it came in and out but i was missing it a little bit once the vocals came in (wanted to hear it again).
Thanks for taking the time to listen Jack

Glad you liked it, I'll bear your advice in mind.

Regards

cpm

Bill Saunders

• Platinum Album
    • https://soundcloud.com/bill-saunders
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2018, 01:45:37 PM »
Lovely shuffle rhythm, good vibe. I like the guitar tone, more than a touch of Eric Clapton in there. Must have been fun to record and come up with something that to my ears sounds very original in a sort of retro way, if that makes any sense.

It would be interesting if you developed this into a full length song - it does sound like the first two minutes of something that could last five or six minutes, or even longer, without boring the listener.

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2018, 03:31:56 PM »
Lovely shuffle rhythm, good vibe. I like the guitar tone, more than a touch of Eric Clapton in there. Must have been fun to record and come up with something that to my ears sounds very original in a sort of retro way, if that makes any sense.

It would be interesting if you developed this into a full length song - it does sound like the first two minutes of something that could last five or six minutes, or even longer, without boring the listener.

Hi Bill

Thanks for the comments, you are always so constructive in what you say. It was great fun to do. No I didn't make a full length song form this, but I might just do that after my next couple releases, just finishing them off.

I approach each song differently, anything can get through the door, but nothing that most folk would expect, I just want it to be fresh and different, that I learn something from the experience and I like it.

If you send me a 10s sample of something you've done, via PM, I might just put it in the next version.

rgds

cpm

dasntn

• Open Mic
  • Nex't'Nothin - my main gig
    • Nex't'Nothin
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2018, 04:11:39 PM »
Hi CPM

really like the vibe of that! There's something about the rhythm and the single percussion hit later in the pattern that makes it sound like an old wonky bike going slowly. Great guitar tone - there is something a touch Zappa-ish about it.  Would (like the others have said) to hear more.

cheers
Dave

Skub

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2018, 04:14:13 PM »
Yo CPM.

I enjoyed this. Loved the main groove,like a EDM reincarnation of JJ Cale and the breeze. Cool tasty guitar licks here and there were a lovely contrast to the synth sound.

I'd be devil's advocate and say the length was just fine,but then I am a big fan of songs under 3 minutes.

Johnnyuk

« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2018, 07:02:56 PM »
Hi Rich,
I liked the beat of this one. It reminded me of a that donna summer song called state of independance when the beat kicks in.
Very cool.
So yes i think it is well worth revisiting.

Johnny :)

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2018, 08:06:02 PM »
Hi CPM

really like the vibe of that! There's something about the rhythm and the single percussion hit later in the pattern that makes it sound like an old wonky bike going slowly. Great guitar tone - there is something a touch Zappa-ish about it.  Would (like the others have said) to hear more.

cheers
Dave

Hi Dave, thanks for your listen, very kind of you. Yeah I found the vibe sort of hypnotic, that's a brilliant description of the pattern, an old wonky bike, maybe I sample one. Glad you like the guitar sound.

I did enjoy doing it, so maybe I do some more...who knows, send me something to include in v2....

thanks again Dave

cpm

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2018, 08:13:38 PM »
Yo CPM.

I enjoyed this. Loved the main groove,like a EDM reincarnation of JJ Cale and the breeze. Cool tasty guitar licks here and there were a lovely contrast to the synth sound.

I'd be devil's advocate and say the length was just fine,but then I am a big fan of songs under 3 minutes.

Whato Skub, how's things cookin' in your kitchen?

Thanks for the listen and glad you liked the groove, I never heard any JJ Cale nor the breeze, so I'm a bit un informed I'm afraid. As I said in one the earlier replies, I love to mix things up a bit. When I first mixed EDM with guitar it wasn't a roaring success, but now folk are warming to it now it's a bit more familiar, what this space man.

I'm glad you are into short songs, I might have a few more for you The Skub.

Catch you later guy.

C 'EDM' PM

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2018, 08:16:47 PM »
Hi Rich,
I liked the beat of this one. It reminded me of a that donna summer song called state of independance when the beat kicks in.
Very cool.
So yes i think it is well worth revisiting.

Johnny :)

Hi Johnny

Thanks for the listen, and glad you liked the beats, I remember Donna's 'State of Independence' coming out and that was one hell of a hook, when the beat came in.

I'll see what other comments come this way before I decide what to do next.

Cheers

cpm