• 8 Replies

SlavaB

• Open Mic
  • Born to Rock
    • Official Web Site
« on: April 15, 2018, 07:56:57 PM »
Good time of the day lady's and gentlemen's ,

Link : https://soundcloud.com/slavab/slava-b-addictions

After being off for a while, whilst moving into a new house today I wrote that song where I try to show my emotive life addictions, such as nicotine, alcohol + 1 secret :)
Still working on my debut album, and this song will be a part of it. Please take a listen, and any kind of a feedback either negative or positive is appreciated .

Thank you very much in advance, looking forward to hear back from you.
Best Regards,
Slava B.

Lyrics :
Intro

I like to ride
I like to shy
And all the summer
I get it all

But there is problem
That always there
I cant get rid
Of my nicotine addiction

Verse 1
I put my soul
Into my music
Please listen up
Please listen up

Every kick and every hat
Every snare and every tom

As long i smoke
As long i write
My level addiction can only raise
My lungs are black
And hands in blood
My favourite hobby you may dislike

Chorus
I have one secret
My nicotine addiction is not the only one
I also can drink, i also can smoke
But oh music, i still got to write

Verse 2

I like my life
I love to live
Will never give up
Will never give up

Every breath and every life
Every smile and every tear

As long i live
As long i smile
My music still is being wrote
My lungs are black
And hands in blood
My favourite hobby you may dislike

Chorus
I have one secret

Verse 3

I like to ride
I like to shy
And all the summer
I get it all

But there is problem
That always there
I cant get rid
Of my nicotine addiction

Chorus
I have one secret

PaulyX

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2018, 03:42:25 AM »
Hey Slava B, welcome back.
You know, your last one Kings Lynn remains one of my favourite tracks on the forum!  I sometimes find myself singing "Everybody friendly... yeah! yeah!" to myself - that was a total ear worm. So glad you came back.
Anyway, this one is good too.  It's got that same unusual Slavic feel.  It doesn't sound like you were enjoying yourself quite as much as the last one though, maybe it's the subject matter... but for a song about addictions I thought you could sound a bit more desperate, you know?
I dig the lyrics a lot, and totally identify with them (well I don't smoke but the music part for sure).  I do like 'music about music' a lot.  Some of the lines don't make sense ("I like to shy") but that's part of the appeal here, it's weird and in a very good way.  Stay weird mate and post some more!  Good luck with the rest of the album, I wanna copy.
It's all too beautiful.

SlavaB

• Open Mic
  • Born to Rock
    • Official Web Site
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2018, 12:48:16 PM »
Hi PaulyX,

Thank you very much for such a constructive feedback. I do understand what you was saying in regards to being more "desperate" and i have to agree on that. I glad you picked it up, and i will work harder towards it.

Ha ha, you now made my day that my "Kings Lynn" song still plays in your head sometimes, one more happy person I'm in the world now. Thank you for that.

Once i finish my album i will send it to you all free of charge for helping with such a nice, constructive and positive feedbacks. It means a lot to me.
And as i said in my previous post, once i finish all the works with my house what should be soon, i will definetly crack on with reviews on the other songs within this forum..

Once again thank you PaulyX.

Best Regards,
Slava B.

Skub

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2018, 04:55:00 PM »
Yo SlavaB.

I love the energy and drive and the humorous,sardonic nature of the lyrics. That's some trick to pull off when English isn't your first language. You have my respect there!

I my humble opinion the whole song aches to be given the Rammstein treatment! I'd love to hear your vocal delivery over a heavier,punchy guitar/keys sound. As it is,the track is very entertaining,though perhaps a little on the long side,maybe?

I like what Pauly said about 'staying weird',there's something to that. There is no need to sound like anyone else,be yourself. So my Rammstein comment was probably a load of balls,but I can hear it!  :D

Movin Flavour

• Platinum Album
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2018, 07:21:42 PM »
Good tune....

Lots of energy and like the cheeky lyrics.

Like the vocal effects.

Sandeep

SlavaB

• Open Mic
  • Born to Rock
    • Official Web Site
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2018, 09:14:29 AM »
Yo SlavaB.

I love the energy and drive and the humorous,sardonic nature of the lyrics. That's some trick to pull off when English isn't your first language. You have my respect there!

I my humble opinion the whole song aches to be given the Rammstein treatment! I'd love to hear your vocal delivery over a heavier,punchy guitar/keys sound. As it is,the track is very entertaining,though perhaps a little on the long side,maybe?

I like what Pauly said about 'staying weird',there's something to that. There is no need to sound like anyone else,be yourself. So my Rammstein comment was probably a load of balls,but I can hear it!  :D

Hi Skub,

It is nice to see your comments on my tracks again. Thank you for your feedback it is a value to me. Ha ha , weirdo will become my second name soon lol. :D

Good tune....

Lots of energy and like the cheeky lyrics.

Like the vocal effects.

Sandeep

Thank you Sandeep, I'm glad that you like it. Lots of appreciations.

Best Regards,
Slava B.

PaulAds

• Stadium Tour
  • Haemorrhaging Enthusiasm
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2018, 08:17:56 PM »
Really enjoyed this, Slava

Cool mix of several different styles that works really well...I'll be checking out more of your stuff...

Excellent!

heart of stone, feet of clay, knob of butter

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2018, 05:44:50 PM »
Excellent entertaining listen Slava. I thought I'd already commented on it but that was on Soundcloud - Doh !!

steevm

• Busker
    • soundcloud profile
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2018, 02:40:34 PM »
I my humble opinion the whole song aches to be given the Rammstein treatment!

So I'm not the only one who thought it had a bit of the Slavic Rammstein to it?