Johnnyuk

« on: April 28, 2018, 11:36:55 AM »
« Last Edit: May 05, 2018, 03:36:12 PM by Johnnyuk »

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
  • Strumming on the couch in pigtails
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2018, 02:52:37 PM »
I let someone else do it, although I'd love to figure out how to do it myself. I've gotten hints from the forum in the past and have managed sometimes to get a bit done. But I don't know anything about "a basic drum kit" or where to get one. And when I start reading phrases and words like "make a bus", "quantize", and "gate", my eyes kinda glaze over and my brain turns to mush.

I'd like to give it a try, but I'll probably keep letting someone else do it. Still, I'll follow this thread with interest.

Vicki

Johnnyuk

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2018, 03:05:35 PM »
I let someone else do it, although I'd love to figure out how to do it myself. I've gotten hints from the forum in the past and have managed sometimes to get a bit done. But I don't know anything about "a basic drum kit" or where to get one. And when I start reading phrases and words like "make a bus", "quantize", and "gate", my eyes kinda glaze over and my brain turns to mush.

I'd like to give it a try, but I'll probably keep letting someone else do it. Still, I'll follow this thread with interest.

Vicki

Hi Vicki,
These days there are a ton of free apps and online drum machines to play with for drums.
Below is one of them you can use with your phone. A quick google search for online drum machines might also be worth looking into if you'd like to have a go yourself. I think that after you make your beat up you can export the audio file then put it into your DAW if you have one for it.

Johnny :)

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
  • Strumming on the couch in pigtails
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2018, 03:44:13 PM »
Thanks @Johnnyuk . I think I'll try that. I didn't think of trying the phrase "drum machine" when searching before.

Johnnyuk

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2018, 04:04:41 PM »
Hi Vicky,
Here is one drum machine to have a mess with.
I've just pulled up their website and i'm gonna have a play with their drum kit too.
See what you come up with!

https://www.pluraldev.com/drumbit/

and this one allows you to save your drum beat as a wav file. :)

http://www.html5drummachine.com/
« Last Edit: April 28, 2018, 04:16:05 PM by Johnnyuk »

Cawproductions

• Platinum Album
  • Producer, Engineer & Songwriter
    • AtticVibes Music Library
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2018, 03:56:21 PM »
Hi all.

I have an Alesis nitro kit hooked up to Superior drummer 3 via midi. Amazing combo,

I have the choice to mix my own drum patterns played in with the professional grooves and play the some of the best kits in the worlds best rooms.

In real life that would be expensive.

If you are looking for real drums, SD 3 has the be at the top. Haven't seen anything better yet.

BUT, the new Logic drummer sounds good too.

Johnnyuk

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2018, 05:45:07 PM »
Hi,
I've watched the video for Superior Drummer and it looks amazing!
I just downloaded some classic drum kits that were free in 64bit format called cassette drums. Three analog drum kits all in one vst. They too if you like analog kits are amazing and free!

You have to watch the video below on youtube in order to see the link to download this free vst.