Under the Weather (explicit)

• 21 Replies

Jack_Diamond.

« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2018, 01:12:04 PM »
Cheers Neil. That's some great advice which i will and follow, thank you.

Jack.

Viscount Cramer & His Orchestra

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2018, 12:45:18 PM »
Nice mellow sounding song Jack. Right up my street...or one of my streets anyway.
Wonder if it does enough to engage right through, though it certainly engaged me right from the off.
A bigger arrangement would do wonders....a solo somewhere.
Still might want a bridge though or some other part to break it up.
Nice smooth jazzy feel and vocal sounds good.....yeah not loud enough no doubt that's been said.
Take it easy.

You can check my stuff out here. Mini-album getting bigger slowly. Free download if you're poorer than me.

Easy Life - Viscount Cramer

SlavaB

• Open Mic
  • Born to Rock
    • Official Web Site
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2018, 12:54:53 PM »
Very quite track, very relaxed. Adding the beat I believe would improve the tempo.

Thanks,
Best Regards,
Slava B.

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2018, 01:58:22 PM »
Hi,love the vocals and the gentle strumming guitar. That combination of maj7th and m7th chords always works well. A little repetitive but definitely has something. Vocals too quiet and a better arrangement with more instrumentation to build the sound would help.
Good stuff though!
Cheers
Jamie

Skub

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2018, 04:41:01 PM »
Yo Jack,welcome along man.  :)

I like the dreamy,melancholy aspect to the song.

I agree with some of the comments already posted,the prime one being the guitar needs to be more behind the vox in the mix.

For a song of this length I would like to hear some additional instrumentation,it does cry out for a step up after a couple of minutes.

You have a good voice,so be confident and stick it in our faces so we can fully appreciate. Carrying a song with attitude is a great way to demand folk listen.

Much enjoyed the song Jack,keep it coming.  8)

Jack_Diamond.

« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2018, 07:19:25 PM »
Thanks a lot everyone! Really encouraging and i'm gonna take all your comments on board to try and make the most of it (louder vocals, more instrumentation, beat and bridge/solo)

montydog

• Stadium Tour
  • http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h40/montydog1/Me
    • Reverbnation
« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2018, 04:55:37 PM »
Thanks a lot everyone! Really encouraging and i'm gonna take all your comments on board to try and make the most of it (louder vocals, more instrumentation, beat and bridge/solo)

This is rather lovely. I would like the vocals louder compared to the guitar and there is too much hiss on the recording. I would echo Neil C's comments about the arrangement - very sage words. I like the strumming but it needs variation. You have a lovely voice, you sing beautifully and this is a Diamond of a song. (See what i did then?!!)

M