• 23 Replies

SlavaB

• Open Mic
  • Born to Rock
    • Official Web Site
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2018, 08:41:14 AM »
Hi PaulyX,

Finally got to your tracks, ha ha    ;D

Good timings on vocals. This song takes me back to 80s-90s rock café's . I like the style, the structure of the song and the energy of your voice that you have tried to pass into listeners through that track. The only thing what I would personally try to do, is to reduce slightly volume on the guitar and vocal, by bringing drums and a bass line "slightly" forward, just to see what difference it would make. But overall I like it, honestly!

Thank you for sharing it with us.

Best Regards,
Slava B.

tboswell

• Platinum Album
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2018, 04:43:00 PM »
Like it very much. Production has a great post-punk feel and all the guitar work is superb.

Break in the middle is great too. All round super fun!

Just remember just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they aren't after you  :)

PaulAds

• Stadium Tour
  • Haemorrhaging Enthusiasm
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2018, 08:23:09 AM »
How do, Paulyx

Super lyrics...well worth diving in just to read them...and the music has a great late 70’s early 80’s feel.

I was thinking it was like a cross between iggy pop and xtc then as it got towards the end I thought “bingo” - Howard Devoto/Magazine...once I’d got “shot by both sides” lodged in my head...I struggled to get it out of my head.

Anyway...tip top stuff all round. Great to have you back knocking them out again!
heart of stone, feet of clay, knob of butter

shadowfax

• Stadium Tour
  • Singer songwriter
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2018, 09:59:35 AM »
Traveling through Hungary with a couple of Russian models in the Jeep and they could not believe this was not a Bowie song, they thought it was awesome, or..ochenkhahrahshoh as they kept saying..spelt by them , not me ;D
I totally agree and just had to comment..great song mate!!
Soundcloud Shadowfax6

from the nightmare!

rightly

• Stadium Tour
  • newer Soundcloud https://soundcloud.com/2rightly
    • My cloud o' sound.
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2018, 12:03:28 PM »
Really enjoyable track.
Yes, punky. 

It's got this streak of insanity that can also be found in Bowies work.
Getting playful with paranoia.

Nice.
It's either this or that, then again it might be the other. 

I can promise you a future of slow decline.

Don't eat the yellow snow

And there you have it. 

https://soundcloud.com/2rightly

https://soundcloud.com/rightly

PaulyX

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2018, 03:01:17 PM »
A big thanks for all the feedback on this one.  (I'm still without internet in the week apart from my phone so sorry its a belated thanks.)  Really appreciated the comments.
@Skub @Rightly @Jack_Diamond. @Movin Flavour @Sterix @Katie Wilson @Yodasdad @Bill Saunders @Paulski @Jamie @shadowfax , Bowie is my musical hero, so to get 11 comparisons to The Dame pretty much made my week. ;D
Katie, thanks for the comments on my voice.  I'm not a fan of it at all personally... but it's the only one I've got  ;).  I appreciate the thoughts on the stuttery lyrics, I do intend to redo them a bit when I rope the other guys in the band in, so if you've got time to point out which bits in particular didn't flow to you that'd be most handy.  And yes @Neil C , chorus vocals need tightening, absolutely.
@pompeyjazz @Cawproductions , Bill, Neil , @Paulads, @tboswell - was also chuffed to get mentions of Suede / post-Punk / Magazine / The Undertones and particularly the Vapours.  I was really aiming for something that had the spirit of 'Turning Japanese' / 'You Got My Number'- that kind of jerky-riff new wave feel, so I'm glad that came through.
@SlavaB @redrhodie and Bill, good comments on the mix, bridge and synths idea.  Will bear them in mind for the non-demo version.  I can hear them synths too now you mention them...
@Viscount Cramer & His Orchestra , always love your reviews!  Thanks for making it even more surreal in my head, now that the song is about female eels.
Hope you're having great weekends and the sun is also out where you are.  Brighton is on fire today!
It's all too beautiful.

Darren1664

• Platinum Album
« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2018, 10:56:48 AM »
Super track Pauly! It's great to hear your music - so very well produced and great energy!!

Lyrics very interesting and the vocal brilliant!

Top quality work as always

Cheers

Darren

digger72

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2018, 11:51:33 AM »
Hi Paul,

This is brill. Totally my thing.
Great vocals and late 70s early 80s punk/new wave music.
Awesome.
Love the production.
Great variety on the vocal delivery.

Digger

Ashes for Dreams

• Busker
    • Official Homepage
« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2018, 03:29:33 PM »
Late to the party so most things have already been commented upon by others.
Just wanted to join in and say: FAB WORK!
Esp enjoyed the lyrics and the guitars  ;D
Well done!!!!!!!!
ashesfordreams.com
soundcloud.com/ashesfordreams
facebook.com/ashesfordreams
youtube.com/channel/UCB4f9GngKS_mhLKyk5Nptnw