konalavadome

Can't Be Bothered

• 7 Replies

RealKevM

• Platinum Album
    • Soundcloud Real KevM 2
« on: April 14, 2018, 07:41:26 AM »
Here's a new song (well I wrote it about 25 years ago but newly recorded) called Can't Be Bothered'. The production is a bit off, the levels are too high but I live and learn. Please let me know what you think:

https://soundcloud.com/realkevm2/cant-be-bothered

or

https://sptfy.com/ebm

Lyrics:

I always thought I was so special
But you descaled me like your kettle
Living like there's no tomorrow
All I do is beg steal and borrow

Chorus
When I cant be bothered to move
When I dont really want to lose
Youre the one i'm gonna choose
Stop looking so confused

Caring for that generation
Those who we don't even mention
To you they're just a unit
But remember they have seen it

Movin Flavour

• Platinum Album
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2018, 05:23:25 PM »
Hi Kev,

Another song with potential.

Good listen, but I think that it needs a more stand chorus, otherwise the song feels a bit one dimensional, and I don't think it is that.

Try doing some harmonies on the singing and this might give the tune a bit more depth.

Thanks for sharing.

Sandeep

RealKevM

• Platinum Album
    • Soundcloud Real KevM 2
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2018, 07:01:21 AM »
Cheers Sandeep, yeah i've always felt that the chorus doesn't really stand out.

Katie Wilson

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2018, 02:13:58 PM »
Hi kev I always enjoy your songs you have a good head for rhyme , I think that this has got pontential  , I'm no songwriter but how about a bridge or something after the chorus

Stop looking so confused , stop looking so confused taking you back into the verse - just an idea Katie xxx

Jack_Diamond.

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2018, 11:09:51 PM »
Really like the effect on the vocals. I know you mentioned the production isnt perfect, but i think it suits this track gives it a nice raw feeling. I agree with the above comment about adding a bridge.

RealKevM

• Platinum Album
    • Soundcloud Real KevM 2
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2018, 09:20:08 PM »
Hi kev I always enjoy your songs you have a good head for rhyme , I think that this has got pontential  , I'm no songwriter but how about a bridge or something after the chorus

Stop looking so confused , stop looking so confused taking you back into the verse - just an idea Katie xxx
Thanks Katie, i'll have a play about and see what I can come up with - the song is pretty simple and not very varied so it's a great suggestion.

RealKevM

• Platinum Album
    • Soundcloud Real KevM 2
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2018, 09:22:04 PM »
Really like the effect on the vocals. I know you mentioned the production isnt perfect, but i think it suits this track gives it a nice raw feeling. I agree with the above comment about adding a bridge.
Cheers Jack. It's a doubled vocal which I use often (anything to try and make my voice sound half decent). Thanks for the kind words :)

SlavaB

• Open Mic
  • Born to Rock
    • Official Web Site
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2018, 09:37:21 AM »
Hi RealKev,

An idea is great, but your record of a vocal......  :-X I think you need a more decent condensed microphone that will remove that excess from your voice on a record. About the built of the track I think its too monotone , adding a variety would bring the interest back to listen to it after listening the same thing for a minute, try add some finger picking , make gaps between verses or anything like that.