Clean windows.

• 61 Replies

Martinswede

• Platinum Album
« Reply #60 on: April 17, 2018, 06:50:28 PM »

Disgustingly good!!

I dont agree that the meaning of lyrics needs to be crystal clear but I get the advise given. TBH I think with the right melody and music many listeners won't care too much for meaning, although I think it's nice if the lyrics are strong/well thought out.

It amazes me how diffierent words have different sonic value (if that's the right terminology) even if they're just one letter different. I have sometimes found that a lyric can sound 'off' and I change a word (and it could be the smallest of change) and it sounds much better. So it makes me wonder that if the word that sounds 'right' doesn't fit the meaning should we throw it away or do we need to revisit the lyrics as a whole to work around the new word?

Thanks

Darren

Hi Darren!

I agree with you regarding the sound/phonetics of words and sentences. Sometimes when I write, lines of my lyrics are just a few syllables scattered across an imaginary sentence and I sit and fill in the gaps to make it make some kind of sense.

Martin

Mike67

« Reply #61 on: April 17, 2018, 07:02:41 PM »
I've already given my view on clear vs frosted, but that's not to say I don't take care over my lyrics. I quite like poetry in lyrics, and we all use metaphors, but that's different to being unclear I think. However, I don't like lyrics that are wrong just to nail a rhyme, e.g. yoda-speak, and don't get me onto double negatives!