konalavadome

Behind The Makeup (Collab with PaulAds)

• 22 Replies

Martinswede

• Platinum Album
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2018, 03:53:29 PM »
Great song! Always nice with a collab.  Lively music and thoughtful vocals. Nice how the instrumental part has both the sax(?) kind of playing with the vocal melody and the guitar with the more rhythmic elements.

My only complaint is the 12 string in the beginning that for the first few bars sound a bit out of place.

Martin

Katie Wilson

« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2018, 09:18:20 AM »
Even though it's an upbeat song it's very sad in its message , didn't blow me away but quite a nice number and took me back to some memories of mine xxx

adamfarr

• Stadium Tour
    • SongEspresso
« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2018, 02:01:44 PM »
Had a sneak preview of some parts of this a while back and wow it's turned into something really intense. The backing is quite "nice" and the story really isn't. The pyjamas part is my favourite. Tragic.

I'm in two minds over whether we need to know the back story or not - part of me thinks it would be very powerful to make it very obvious who we're talking about here, but the way you have it, there could be a lot of different stories, which is also super-interesting and engaging.

Waving your life goodbye, there's something really self-destructive there, some kind of resignation to danger, a great theme and surely apt for those in that type of situation...
« Last Edit: May 03, 2018, 08:32:46 PM by adamfarr »

refusedrevival

• Solo Gig
    • Refused Revival
« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2018, 07:05:56 PM »
Hi,

Lovely song, I like the melody and the feeling of the song.

If you play 12 string guitar, you could add little bit more echo/reverb to it.
Nothing I want to criticise, well done!

refusedrevival

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
  • What would you rather be or a wasp?
« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2018, 12:51:43 PM »
Really nice tune, superb LVox, beautiful pairing

Maybe a more twangy compressed Gretsch or tele sound for the lead guitar a la ticket to ride maybe, just a thought....

cpm

LostBoy

• Platinum Album
« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2018, 11:41:10 PM »
Great job guys! I don’t really have any nits, maybe the instrumental bit is a little long?? Dunno! I know I enjoyed the sax and the guitar there though. :D the more little moments you can pack in a song the better I say. Great singing Paul mate! :D Good story song!

Bravo chaps!

Mikey

• Solo Gig
« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2018, 07:41:55 PM »
Nice one guys, I'm liking Pauls gritty vocal style he's using lately, nice and jangly  and reminds me a bit of Squeeze.

Mikey

montydog

• Stadium Tour
  • http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h40/montydog1/Me
    • Reverbnation
« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2018, 03:41:42 PM »
A slice of northern England from the underbelly sketched out with a few short, punchy lines. Great gritty delivery with loads of attitude. I couldn't do this if you gave me a Million quid and 20 years! I can't hear anything here that I don't like and yet another fabulous collab.

M