Outnumbered...but never Out-Clashed

• 25 Replies

Viscount Cramer & His Orchestra

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2018, 02:00:15 PM »
Neat idea....and as a Clash devotee it must have been a call to arms to answer the challenge.

Like those guitar breaks...especially the first one with that bit at about 1.01 where it resolves the phrase quite melodically after the first attack notes....does it remind me of something...is this you or was this a nod to The Clash in some way.

Verse melodies quite melodic for The Clash....and chorus reminds me of PaulAds mainly!

Funny you being such a devotee....they were a band that i just sort of managed to live without (though my younger bro had the first album)....they're not alone there of course....just the way it happened!

Great energy. Still kills me what one can knock up in one's front room these days!

Competition idea in what way....we all have to start with a drum track and build from there?
Take it easy.

You can check my stuff out here. Mini-album getting bigger slowly. Free download if you're poorer than me.

Easy Life - Viscount Cramer

PaulAds

• Stadium Tour
  • Haemorrhaging Enthusiasm
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2018, 02:07:18 PM »
Ta...yeah...have a pre-ordained drum track all ready to go and then everyone goes off and writes a song around that...just a thought  :)
heart of stone, feet of clay, knob of butter

Viscount Cramer & His Orchestra

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2018, 02:10:46 PM »
So....all work from the same track....yeah be interesting to see what different things come out of it.

And it would save me/us having to agonise over the drums!
Take it easy.

You can check my stuff out here. Mini-album getting bigger slowly. Free download if you're poorer than me.

Easy Life - Viscount Cramer

PaulyX

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2018, 03:26:03 PM »
Yeah let's do it...
This same drum track since we've already got one example?
It's all too beautiful.

Darren1664

• Platinum Album
« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2018, 03:39:11 PM »
Really enjoyed this Paul! And it's a great idea...

I think you've done brilliantly with the lyrics. Simple yet the message is clear and punchy. You guitar playing and vocal are great as usual! It's a very good track

I would be very keen on a competition around a drum track, bring it on!! :P

All the best

Darren

Skub

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2018, 09:17:05 PM »
Yo Paul.

What can I say about this?

Might the Clash be the subject matter? (he asks innocently)

Driving,energy filled,great sound and with your usual peerless trademark lyrical integrity.

Bangin' guitar solo,in the style of your heroes.

Love it.  :)

Johnnyuk

« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2018, 09:32:58 PM »
Hi Paul,
I really enjoyed this one! :)
Loved the lyrics! You told a great story that kept my interest. :)
The music was solid and your vocal delivery was excellent.
The hardest thing to do is deliver a new song vocally but you did it justice!

The only thing here that i would look at is a structure thing. From the moment it began i was hooked, A great build up
and then just as we get to the chorus the song goes somewhere else?

You wander off to a solo kinda thing. Like i said it is a structure thing. IMO It was begging to hit the chorus at that point so i would go to the chorus and put the solo part just after it before going back to your verses. I wanted the resolution after such a great build up but you didn't give it to me at that point which left me wondering why are we here and not in the chorus?

It's a minor detail and it's all subjective for sure.
Either way you take this song it still works.
Great song with great lyrics and a solid beat.
Keep em coming! You write from the heart which is something i am into big time so congratulations on another fine song.
Johnny :)

mickyplankton

• Platinum Album
« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2018, 10:48:52 PM »
Well this was a big treat for me this morning as I got my phone data back (after being offline for 2 weeks) and what a song to dive back into the forum!
Very, very clever and innovative idea and executed brilliantly. You couldn't have picked a better inspiration. The Only Band that Matters. In some ways, it's even better than the original. (And I regard Complete Control, especially the Live version from From Here to Eternity as one of the essential punk anthems)
You've got a crackin vocal melody going on at the beginning, and it sustains the quality craftsmanship throughout the 3 minutes. Works brilliantly. You've set a new bar here Paul. Where do you go from here?

Paulski

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2018, 01:51:15 AM »
Hey Paul
Well no-one is going to out-clash you on this one :D
Seriously, great tight punchy sound - like the vox esp.
Lyrics are a hoot.

Fun stuff :D
Paul

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2018, 04:13:20 PM »
Hi Paul, I never really got into the clash, but this is a very good and clever song in their style. Great lyrics and playing. Vocals fitted the style too!
Very good!
Cheers
Jamie