konalavadome

Pitch Plugin?

• 6 Replies

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
  • Strumming on the couch in pigtails
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« on: April 09, 2018, 06:33:55 PM »
Anyone know of a plug in that will work in Audacity and/or Reaper that will show me what pitches I'm singing? I've seen something like that in a recording studio, but don't know where or how to look for it.

The engineer loaded up the vocal tracks and the wave forms could be expanded, so one vocal track took up the whole screen vertically. And a scale on the left showed the notes by letter name with lots of space between them. He could grab any point on the wave form and drag it, if it was halfway between one note and another, so it was right on whichever note was the right one.

If he dragged it very far, it sounded weird, but he always made corrections of a half step or less. Usually less. He was able to adjust the height so he could see up to a whole octave or just a few notes, if I remember right.

Vicki

Neil C

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2018, 06:40:45 PM »
Vicki, melodyne essentials has that kind of feature not sure about platform support, suggest you check that out.
Rgds
Neil
songwriter of no repute..

Boydie

• Administrator
  • Stadium Tour
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2018, 07:24:42 PM »
There are lots of choices nowadays

My favourite is Melodyne and I use t all of the time - essential should be fine for your needs

The higher versions allow "polyphonic" tuning - where it shows the individual notes of chords. I have previously worked on a song where one string on the guitar was out of tune and I was able to tune this one string within the recorded guitar part - it really is like black magic!

AutoTune is another option

The Waves option might also give you what you need for a reasonable price: https://www.waves.com/plugins/waves-tune

I would personally spend a little extra and go for Melodyne
To check out my music please visit:

http://soundcloud.com/boydiemusic

Twitter: https://twitter.com/BoydieMusic

adamfarr

• Stadium Tour
    • SongEspresso
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2018, 07:36:20 PM »
Vicky - you get Reapitch included with Reaper. Not as powerful for editing as the pro options mentioned but has tracking and will show you what notes are coming through and allow you to correct, either automatically or manually as needed. Also allows for creative stuff like exporting to midi which can be cool sometimes.

Free and good enough to start with I’d say.

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2018, 08:38:41 PM »
Thanks, guys. I knew Reapitch was with Reaper but I don't know how to use it. So, I'll start by practicing with that and I'll also start saving my pennies for Melodyne. Well, not pennies. I don't save pennies. But I set aside all other coins and let them build up. That will be my Melodyne fund. Now, I'll go poke around Reapitch and see what I can figure out.

Wish me luck!
Vicki

adamfarr

• Stadium Tour
    • SongEspresso
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2018, 09:15:23 PM »
Sorry, brainstorm, I meant Reatune, of course!

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2018, 09:25:24 PM »
Sorry, brainstorm, I meant Reatune, of course!
I might have figured that out eventually....   ;D