Freedom Fighters

• 15 Replies

Darren1664

• Platinum Album
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2018, 03:51:34 PM »
Whato Darren

Nice tune, nice guitar, but as RedRhodie says, give it some on the Vox, it's all a bit polite, reminds me of mum Mum singing a long to 'Purple Haze', this could be sorted maybe by sticking the LVox through a distortion plugin.

Reminds me also of  a Lou Reed/Dylan thing. Great idea to have a bluesy structure.

Prod. sounds OK, sounds like there's something missing, but I'm not sure what, maybe a hammond? I'd love a triplet based finish on the drums, (always was a sucker for them), maybe its the close room verb...small club might be better?

Maybe it's a width thing, these can's aren't brill but I know it's a good song, but theres something I can't quite put me hand on, try a few ideas and see what works.

Maybe a tambourine in the choruses?

Cowbell in the solo guitar?

Not much help I'm afraid..

Regards

cpm

I wish I new how to multi quote....sorry for all the bumps...

Thanks cpm! Very helpful in fact...and other have said more is needed in the second half. The drums are a slight problem as it's just one loop repeated start to finish and that ain't good enough really but beyond my means currently.

I like your suggestions for what to add. I could experiment but have none of those instruments to experiment :P It definitely needs more width and I have recorded some panned vocal parts...it's starting to sound fuller which I think helps give the second half more oomph! I've also added some extra guitar but I am still tinkering as I don't want to end up too busy. It's proving to be a real lesson and great fun playing around with. So glad I posted it for feedback and I very much appreciate everyones time and comments.

Cheers again cpm

STERIX - Thanks for the listen and kind comments and I am glad to put a smile on your face!! :P I hope to have a finished version up soon

Take care

Darren