An Album

• 19 Replies

PaulAds

• Stadium Tour
  • Haemorrhaging Enthusiasm
« on: April 01, 2018, 04:15:03 PM »
Hello

I managed to cobble together an album...I have another one in the pipeline too...but these were very kindly mixed and mastered by a great young drummer I know called Jack Wilson...he's getting more involved in music production rather than gigging now...so between us, we thought it would be a good idea to throw an album together as best we could.

It was a little bit of a bumpy ride, due to some personal circumstances here and there...and we nearly fell at the last fence...but we managed to get over the line...the album is here if anybody fancies a listen...

https://thefuneralcrasher.bandcamp.com/album/keep-the-receipt

You can pay whatever price you think it's worth, or download it for free, if you like...I have no problem with that...and I'd be interested to hear anybody's thoughts...I tried to leave it to Jack for his interpretations of how they should go...but he obviously only had the tracks I'd recorded to work with...and you can't make a silk purse, etc.

Hope a few of you can enjoy it...

I thought it'd be fun to release it on April fools Day...the album that Jack built.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2018, 04:34:40 PM by PaulAds »
heart of stone, feet of clay, knob of butter

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz

Martinswede

• Platinum Album
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2018, 05:54:18 PM »
Great album! Nice with a whole chunk of your songs. Stand Down still breaks my spirit. Recommend it.

Darren1664

• Platinum Album
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2018, 06:39:38 PM »
Only a few songs in but really enjoying the listen! Going to download and give it some more listens in the weeks to come! So far loving it!

adamfarr

• Stadium Tour
    • SongEspresso
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2018, 07:01:31 PM »
Ok cancel the podcasts, this looks like my work (and workout) companion for the foreseeable future... I think I’d have chosen many of the same songs. Congrats on pushing through and hope it gets you some more listens at least.

PaulyX

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2018, 07:20:53 PM »
Yay.  Just bought my copy of both this and the Snapshot album (which means I just bought "Busman's Holiday" twice I think... definitely a song I'm happy to own twice though...).
Well done guys, looking forward to swimming deep in both of them in the week ahead.
It's all too beautiful.

Bill Saunders

• Platinum Album
    • https://soundcloud.com/bill-saunders
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2018, 08:10:36 PM »
Hi Paul

Congratulations on completing the album - have bought a copy on the strength of two or three songs I've listened to so far, plus what I've heard from you on the forum. Great stuff, look forward to getting into it over the coming weeks, you're a real talent.

Cheers,
Bill

jacksimmons

• Solo Gig
    • Jack Simmons Music Facebook Page
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2018, 03:42:50 AM »
Nice one Paul! It’s such a therapeutic feeling to release a full product like this. I haven’t done it in a while and am envious to say the least! Will give the whole thing a listen ASAP
Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/jack-simmons-1/albums
Bandcamp: https://jacksimmonsmusic.bandcamp.com/

"When I play a dope melody, anything less than the best is a felony." - Robert Matthew Van Winkle

Katie Wilson

« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2018, 07:32:53 AM »
I've had a listen to a couple of tracks and it really is superb , well sung , good quality

PaulAds

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2018, 09:50:35 AM »
Thanks for the interest, folks...it's very kind of you and I do appreciate it.

I have uploaded the album using the Amuse app - as suggested by your very good friend and mine @pompeyjazz ...so it might just show up on Spotify, iTunes, etc in the not too distant future, assuming that it manages to slip through their quality control safety net  :P

Viscount Cramer & His Orchestra

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2018, 10:10:24 AM »
Well done for getting it done Paul. Some cracking songs on there...just previewed 'Not Without A Fight' cos that was the first one I remember of yours and remember really liking it.....sounding great! Also remember it not even being nominated for the SOTM that month and thinking that the world had gone mad (no disrespect to the then host!).
Take it easy.

You can check my stuff out here. Mini-album getting bigger slowly. Free download if you're poorer than me.

Easy Life - Viscount Cramer

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2018, 10:25:40 AM »
Yes, the Amuse app does seem to be a pretty effective way of getting your music out there on iTunes,  Spotify,  Deezer etc etc. I published two albums earlier in the year. Oh, and they do actually pay you as well. This morning I got my statement from Spotify for plays in January and I've earned $0.68.

Time to go out and celebrate eh ? Or maybe not  ;D

PaulAds

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2018, 10:39:55 AM »
Excellent!

Our fortunes are assured...it's just a matter of time...

I'll wave to your yacht from mine when I'm heading into the Port De Cannes...I'll pull up alongside and you can jump aboard for some pop and crisps.

mickyplankton

• Platinum Album
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2018, 11:07:42 AM »
Well done Paul. Looking forward to hearing this. You are one of the more original songwriters on this forum and you've got a fair bit of punk rock in your blood which I love.

Bill Saunders

• Platinum Album
    • https://soundcloud.com/bill-saunders
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2018, 11:26:51 AM »
This morning I got my statement from Spotify for plays in January and I've earned $0.68.

Time to go out and celebrate eh ? Or maybe not  ;D

You must be doing something wrong John. I uploaded two songs to Spotify six months ago, and I've already earned $1.47 (before tax).