Inspiration

• 2 Replies

Sterix

• Platinum Album
  • Devil may care, I do not!
    • Sterix Rocks!
« on: April 10, 2018, 08:19:25 PM »
Suddenly, for the first time in... well I can't remember when... I'm suddenly up to my eyeballs in inspiration. My muse, it seems, has returned with a vengeance and I'm knocking out song lyrics like they're going out of fashion.  ;D

I've been going through tidying up all my songs, collecting them into one place, re-formatting them so they are all the same visual style, tweaking and re-writing the lyrics when needed. I've even been taking half-written or snippets of songs and finishing them off - even songs I was struggling with previously; I'm finding the missing pieces just slipping into place quite effortlessly.

And it's amazing how many songs I'd forgotten about (some I can't even remember writing) that I'm rediscovering and finding I'm actually pretty pleased with the results. A lot of the time it's like,  "Whoa, this is some pretty good writing! Who wrote this stuff? Oh, it was me!".

I blame this place. Since I've discovered it, I can't stop writing!

forth_loft

• Busker
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2018, 01:50:58 PM »
It's a great thing that you've found your inspiration again! Not being able to concentrate, or come up with new concepts is the worse thing one can experience but once you get over it, it feels great!
Regards,
E.C.

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
  • What would you rather be or a wasp?
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2018, 06:43:25 PM »
Hi Sterix, it comes in waves, as the Pet Shop Boys said 'Just when you least expect it, just what you least expect' great that your basket of inspiration is brimming.

I too get a buzz from people that take the time to listen to my work, quite humbling isn't it, but I don't get inspiration for specific songs, some of the comments do however, make me think of ideas.

Look forward to hearing your re-visited songs.

cpm