Putrefaction, (NSFW) collaboration with diademgrove

• 28 Replies

redrhodie

• Platinum Album
« on: March 29, 2018, 01:56:28 PM »
Hi everyone,

Watch out there's bad language in this one! Thanks so much for listening. All feedback is really appreciated.

Listen to and Hull Soul Collective   Putrefaction by faraway my lovely #np on #SoundCloud
https://soundcloud.com/user-468459034/and-hull-soul-collective-putrefaction

He says you're so stupid
He says you're being way too
Politically correct

He says what fuckin' world are you living in
You're just a girl
With no respect

And when he says your face is like
Putrefaction
He's just trying to get your reaction

He says shut your mouth
You don't know North from South
You're an idiot

He says sing my song
You're just a bitch if you don't go along
You must accept

That when he says your face is like
Putrefaction

He's well versed in the art of negging
He thinks that you'll crawl to him begging

Says your face is like Putrefaction
He's well versed in the fine art of negging
He thinks that you'll crawl to him begging

Lynn

redrhodie

• Platinum Album
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2018, 07:21:55 PM »
Oh, thanks for telling me, Pompeyjazz!

I'll try to fix it.

redrhodie

• Platinum Album
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2018, 07:42:20 PM »
It's fixed now. Thanks pompeyjazz. Really appreciate that.

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2018, 09:33:14 PM »
Yep. Got it now and glad I did. This is a trippy delight. A lovely mellow vibe with loads of interesting stuff going on. I thought the vocals and bvs were key elements in getting the vibe right and the backing track is great. Have you noticed that a lot of guys seem to have given up on reviewing finished songs these days ? Top work guys. Off for another listen now

Movin Flavour

• Platinum Album
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2018, 09:55:58 PM »
 A real dreamy song.

Love the echo on the guitars and all those amazing sound affects. Blends well with the vocals. Great singing.

The raw edge of the lyrics gives the song  a great contrast.

Love this ....you got my reaction

Sandeep

redrhodie

• Platinum Album
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2018, 12:53:17 PM »
Yep. Got it now and glad I did. This is a trippy delight. A lovely mellow vibe with loads of interesting stuff going on. I thought the vocals and bvs were key elements in getting the vibe right and the backing track is great. Have you noticed that a lot of guys seem to have given up on reviewing finished songs these days ? Top work guys. Off for another listen now

Thanks so much for listening and the kind words. I hadn't noticed there were fewer reviews of finished songs lately. I thought it was me. Haha. (It might still be 😊).

The vibe was all Keith. I sent him the rough draft, and what I had written was kind of a show tune. Not that there's anything wrong with show tunes, but it wasn't what I wanted for this song. He reworked the rhythm and song structure, and I made the vocals fit.

A real dreamy song.

Love the echo on the guitars and all those amazing sound affects. Blends well with the vocals. Great singing.

The raw edge of the lyrics gives the song  a great contrast.

Love this ....you got my reaction

Sandeep

Thanks Sandeep. Really appreciate those comments.

PaulAds

• Stadium Tour
  • Haemorrhaging Enthusiasm
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2018, 01:51:04 PM »
Your vocals and phrasing are really lovely...this is super. The contrast between the way you sing the word “putrefaction” and it’s meaning works brilliantly.

The backing is perfect in this too...I love the drums...but the vocals steal the show.

It kind of sneaks up sweetly on the listener and then delivers a knockout blow in its message.

I like it very much.

heart of stone, feet of clay, knob of butter

Skub

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2018, 03:56:53 PM »
Yo redrhodie.

I love the way there is always a different sound on every track from you. I never know what to expect!

The quietly vicious lyrics are in sharp contrast with the mellow,flowing vibe supplied by the music. I like that incongruity.  8)

A great track indeed.

Soundcloud has blocked me and a load of others from commenting,so I can't leave anything on the track,but it's liked and reposted. Hopefully you'll get a few more listens,the song deserves it.

redrhodie

• Platinum Album
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2018, 12:51:47 AM »
Your vocals and phrasing are really lovely...this is super. The contrast between the way you sing the word “putrefaction” and it’s meaning works brilliantly.

The backing is perfect in this too...I love the drums...but the vocals steal the show.

It kind of sneaks up sweetly on the listener and then delivers a knockout blow in its message.

I like it very much.

Thanks so much, Paul. Really appreciate your comments.

Yo redrhodie.

I love the way there is always a different sound on every track from you. I never know what to expect!

The quietly vicious lyrics are in sharp contrast with the mellow,flowing vibe supplied by the music. I like that incongruity.  8)

A great track indeed.

Soundcloud has blocked me and a load of others from commenting,so I can't leave anything on the track,but it's liked and reposted. Hopefully you'll get a few more listens,the song deserves it.

Thanks Skub. I never know what to expect, either. I just go with it.

Thanks for letting me know about the comments not working. I checked my SoundCloud settings and everything is checked. But usually I get maybe one comment (loads, 😂) so I think I'll survive. Haha.

Thanks also for reposting it. That's awesome. I appreciate that.

PaulyX

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2018, 09:07:39 PM »
Another Velvets-flavoured winner.
Never thought I'd hear the word "Putrefaction" sung in a pretty way.
More of a death metal word, innit?
But it works.
I liked the wobbly ray-gun sound-effects in this too.
It's all too beautiful.

redrhodie

• Platinum Album
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2018, 10:23:18 PM »
Another Velvets-flavoured winner.
Never thought I'd hear the word "Putrefaction" sung in a pretty way.
More of a death metal word, innit?
But it works.
I liked the wobbly ray-gun sound-effects in this too.

Thanks Pauly.  It is quite a word, haha. Glad it worked for you.

Cazrolina

• Open Mic
    • Instagram:
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2018, 12:03:28 AM »
Sweetly trippy and twisted sounds. Dark velvety atmosphere and lyrics. Great combinations. Vocals and delivery is awesome. Great stuff. I could imagine this featuring over the big important scene of a very cool and clever film :) Fantastic work, you very cool and clever people ;)  cx
Caz
AlphaLine

Debut EP ‘Polarity’ out now.
Listen here: https://www.alphalineband.com/press-1/polarity-out-now

adamfarr

• Stadium Tour
    • SongEspresso
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2018, 01:55:19 PM »
Very cool vibe and I really like the theme - I can definitely visualize the protagonists. The swelling strings in the background really give it a full sound.

I was intrigued by the electronic bubbly sounds - I didn't hate them but just wondered how they fitted in with the rest!

I was also in two minds about the spoken word bit at the beginning - I think it did set a scene but I didn't really like not knowing what it was saying...

But a great listen for sure.

redrhodie

• Platinum Album
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2018, 04:26:55 PM »
Sweetly trippy and twisted sounds. Dark velvety atmosphere and lyrics. Great combinations. Vocals and delivery is awesome. Great stuff. I could imagine this featuring over the big important scene of a very cool and clever film :) Fantastic work, you very cool and clever people ;)  cx

Coming from cool and clever you, I really appreciate that! Thanks Caz!

Very cool vibe and I really like the theme - I can definitely visualize the protagonists. The swelling strings in the background really give it a full sound.

I was intrigued by the electronic bubbly sounds - I didn't hate them but just wondered how they fitted in with the rest!

I was also in two minds about the spoken word bit at the beginning - I think it did set a scene but I didn't really like not knowing what it was saying...

But a great listen for sure.

Thanks Adam. Keith will hopefully weigh in on why he put the bit at the beginning. My feeling about it is it set the tone right away, so the listener could see we had a sense of humor about the whole thing.

I say "oh you scared me, hahaha!" What happened was I thought I was home alone when I was recording the vocals, and had my back to the door, and I sing with my eyes closed. So I was genuinely scared when I opened them and Dave was sitting in the room watching me. Haha. We like those kinds of happy accidents.

The synth you're questioning is a Korg MS20. Dave uses it a lot in our songs because I like it.

Thanks so much for the well thought out comments. I really appreciate the time and effort you put into this.

Lynn