konalavadome

Waves Scheps Omni Channel Strip plugin

• 6 Replies

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
  • What would you rather be or a wasp?
« on: March 21, 2018, 10:35:05 AM »
Waves have got a deal at the moment on the Scheps OmniChannel I think it's about $49, this is ridiculously cheap for what it is.

If you don't know what a channels trip does, it's a bunch of plugins that you can turn on or off, izotope neutron is one for example.

It has preamp, EQ, compressor, de esser, and a gate, maybe there's the EQ from the Scheps 73 in there, which in itself is a stunning piece of programming.

It has MidSide, Duo and Stereo on all of the plugins, which is quite nice. You can also add another plugin to the interface.

Just be aware that the sidechaining doesn't work with all DAW's (mine for example) which isn't a show stopper

Just thought you might like to know, as it's rather good at what it does, it's not as easy to use as Neutron elements for example.

Hope this helps

cpm

dasntn

• Open Mic
  • Nex't'Nothin - my main gig
    • Nex't'Nothin
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2018, 11:47:54 AM »
Giving it a go. Just downloaded and playing with it. Not sure I have got to grips with it much yet! Don't like what its done with a vocal track, but I've only had it 5 mins, so time to get learning!

Thanks for the pointer.

Dave

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2018, 01:55:48 PM »
Giving it a go. Just downloaded and playing with it. Not sure I have got to grips with it much yet! Don't like what its done with a vocal track, but I've only had it 5 mins, so time to get learning!

Thanks for the pointer.

Dave

Hi Dave

It might look a bit daunting to start with but....

Stick with it, try a couple of presets and tweak...

Try each one and twiddle with the extremes, so you can hear what each one does. i.e. pre can distort, comp can flatten, ds gets rid of hissy vox, etc, its likely you won't need much of anything, if you get your tracking phase right.

it'll make your mixes clearer.

let me know how you get on (I don't work for Waves by the way !!!)

cpm

Bill Saunders

• Platinum Album
    • https://soundcloud.com/bill-saunders
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2018, 05:25:01 PM »
I've had this for a few weeks now, and it really is excellent. The presets are a good starting point, many of which highlight the controls which suggest the controls you might like to tweak!

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2018, 08:58:08 PM »
Hi Bill

Great that you like it, Have you got the Waves Stereo Rack, that's really great too, and it's free.

Regards

cpm

dasntn

• Open Mic
  • Nex't'Nothin - my main gig
    • Nex't'Nothin
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2018, 02:10:59 PM »
Spent some more time with it. Really like the way it handles bass - worth it just for that, but I know it can do more!

Dave

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2018, 02:58:45 PM »
Spent some more time with it. Really like the way it handles bass - worth it just for that, but I know it can do more!

Dave

It is pretty good, I noticed it's great for a kick drum, try the bell shaped curve in the mids...gives it a real kick, rather than a dull thud.

cpm