Myself!

• 2 Replies

Mr Catwalk

• Busker
    • Mr Catwalk Blog
« on: April 03, 2010, 07:01:53 PM »
Why hello there! I decided today that I would become Mr Catwalk after something a friend said.

I have always wanted to perform, and have played a number of times with my voice and my guitar.

I started playing the guitar to accompany my voice, but I've come to realise that being average at singing and sub par on the guitar are going to get me nowhere; although my interest in performance is almost entirely recreational for the moment I really want to improve my songwriting.

I'm studying a music and music tech degree at Uni at the moment, and just wanted to be surrounded by some like-minded people.

From what I've seen you guys seem pretty nice, so I'm a very happy bunny.

I'll be glad to chat to you all.
:]

Anyhow, that was pretty intense, so I'll shh now.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2010, 07:43:00 PM by Mr Catwalk »

tone

• Administrator
  • Stadium Tour
  • Forum Former Führer
  • The People's Democratic Republic of Songwriting
    • Anthony Lane on soundcloud
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2010, 07:26:44 PM »
Hi Mr Catwalk - welcome to the forum. :)

Your uni course sounds interesting - what sort of things are you learning, and in particular, what do they teach you (if anything) about songwriting?

I'd love to hear some of your music if you fancy posting something up for review.  Also please have a listen to the songs already submitted and let the writers know what you think.
New EP: Straitjacket - Listen here

1st track from my upcoming album -- Click to listen -- Thanks!

Please read the rules before posting in the feedback forums http://bit.l

Mr Catwalk

• Busker
    • Mr Catwalk Blog
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2010, 07:46:41 PM »
Hi, thanks.

I'm halfway through a module about Virtual Studio Technology, so composing with a computer.

I'm doing some business modules as well, and one about Style and Genre which is pretty cool.

I don't actually have to perform for my course, but I can record an album for my dissertation in my third year, so want some half decent material by them.

I've got lots of little bits of songs, but when I've got something concrete, no doubt I will share!