konalavadome

Asymmetry

• 17 Replies

PaulyX

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2018, 11:04:31 PM »
Hey!
Very appropriate title for a song in 11/4.
I think it's all been said already but yep, I also thought this was nicely experimental synth jazz and (somehow!) the time signature works.
It made me think of American cities too.  Distant echoes of the theme song from that "Taxi" comedy from the 80s in parts of it.  I couldn't whistle it back to ya, but certainly atmospheric and boundary-defying.
It's all too beautiful.

Messager

• Busker
  • I like chords with too many notes in them
    • My Music :)
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2018, 11:59:09 PM »
Hey!
Very appropriate title for a song in 11/4.
I think it's all been said already but yep, I also thought this was nicely experimental synth jazz and (somehow!) the time signature works.
It made me think of American cities too.  Distant echoes of the theme song from that "Taxi" comedy from the 80s in parts of it.  I couldn't whistle it back to ya, but certainly atmospheric and boundary-defying.

Hey!

thanks for the feedback, I'm glad you enjoyed  :)

I think using weird time signatures is much less difficult than people often think it is, so long as it doesn't feel like you're trying to just force it to work and try and embrace it for what it is. That way it becomes a fun challenge  ;)

Messager
We are drifting in a sonorous haze

Movin Flavour

• Platinum Album
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2018, 09:00:51 AM »
I love Jazz.

This is a great tune for "chillin", it's meant to be played in in one of the great Jazz Cafe.

Especially like the sax overplaying.

Well done

Sandeep