What are you writing lyrics with?

• 17 Replies

philbee

• Busker
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2018, 08:11:28 AM »
Most of the time I use a pen or pencil and notebook which I carry everywhere with me, as the Muse doesn't hang around my desk.
I prefer to scribble down anything and everything without too much thought (it invariably gets in the way). This is a sort of free-flow conceptual stage where it's simply about the 'idea'.

Later I enter it on to my computer and tend to find a title and a few key sentences in amongst the mind-mess that was first thrown on the page. This often takes care of the title and chorus. From then on it becomes work.

Ramshackles

• Global Moderator
  • Stadium Tour
  • https://soundcloud.com/ramshackles
    • Ramshackles @ Facebook
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2018, 08:56:47 AM »
I'm still developing the software - adding user accounts. Once that's done I'll host it properly. If anyone uses after that I'll start to add more features...

Jenna

• Solo Gig
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2018, 06:34:58 PM »
I use a combo of MasterWriter and MS Notebook. I was already invested in Notebook before Evernote came along. I believe both have had data breaches, which was a concern to me because I Notebook for more than just songwriting. You have some really great ideas for expanding on what MasterWriter offers. It's a paid sub, and worth the few extra per month when inspiration hits. It's flexible in that you can suspend it at anytime and still keep your account data, I think. Don't quote me on that. Just to be sure, I copy all of my ideas entered there into Notebook when I've got something worth keeping.