konalavadome

Putrefaction, (NSFW) collaboration with diademgrove

• 28 Replies

Viscount Cramer & His Orchestra

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2018, 06:17:51 PM »
Sounds good and like the nice mellow trippy vibe and enjoyed the guitar and the other varied sounds in the backing.

Vocal sounds very appealing too.

Doesn't go too many places but it's a nice place you go to, so you get away with it. The chorus melody is good. Backing 'ooh la la's are nice.

Hate the word 'putrefaction' though....maybe because I'm old.

I like that intro bit even though I didn't know what you were saying. It gives it a kind of 'live' touch....I'm quite fond of little out takes like that...like 'Little Red Rooster' off the Howling Wolf London Sessions where he has various English guests.... Eric Clapton, Charlie Watts, Steve Winwood etc....Wolf gives a rehearsal demonstration and somebody.....Clapton I guess says something like 'well I don't know if I can do it' and Howling Wolf says 'Oh man...come on!'

Another nice trip Lynn....thanks!
Take it easy.

You can check my stuff out here. Mini-album getting bigger slowly. Free download if you're poorer than me.

Easy Life - Viscount Cramer

Darren1664

• Platinum Album
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2018, 03:36:32 PM »
Hi Lynn

It is a great track for sure! and your vocal delivery is captivating, as I've said before. The backing music and production work really well and everything gels together nicely. A few of the lyrics got me googling but now I know what Putrefaction and negging means I realise how clever they are.

I also think it's an important message. I didn't know negging was a thing until now and I wonder how many people are being treated this way without realise it.

It's another great track from you Lynn

Thanks

Darren

Martinswede

• Platinum Album
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2018, 04:01:55 PM »
Hi Lynn!

Great song! I don't know how to describe my impression of it. A good blend of elements. Provocative drums.

Martin

rightly

• Stadium Tour
  • newer Soundcloud https://soundcloud.com/2rightly
    • My cloud o' sound.
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2018, 07:18:34 PM »
Well done, all involved.
I like the trippy vibe,
 the mix seems perfect (to my ear). I've been trying to sharpen up in mixing, I think I'm gradually improving and gaining more confidence.
Mastering is a different challenge for me.
Never mind, I'll get quite far before I give up. 
I really like the voice, seems vulnerable and strong.

I hope the subject matter isn't taken from personal experience.
I've never known men to be so mean with their ladies but I've heard the rare story where this happens.

Thanks for sharing.
It's either this or that, then again it might be the other. 

I can promise you a future of slow decline.

Don't eat the yellow snow

And there you have it. 

https://soundcloud.com/2rightly

https://soundcloud.com/rightly

Mikey

• Solo Gig
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2018, 08:57:29 PM »
As stated above, the contrast between the trippy track and the dark lyrics is great, and its well performed and has great vocals

Very nice, Mikey

redrhodie

• Platinum Album
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2018, 10:42:33 PM »
Thanks so much, @Viscount Cramer & His Orchestra. Putrefaction is an awesome word, but I see your point, (and doubt you're older than me, but a lady never tells her age  ::)). Haha. I love those little out takes, too.

@Darren1664, I think it's an old tactic that's just recently been given that name. When I read about it, I realized it had happened to me when I was young. Thanks for listening and googling. I hope this song becomes a public service announcement.

Hi @Rightly. I appreciate the kind words. Mostly it's about what I imagine it must be like for a woman embarking on a career in the entertainment industry, where I think it's pretty common for women to be treated badly.

Thanks so much @Mikey. I'm glad you liked the trip!

redrhodie

• Platinum Album
« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2018, 10:44:41 PM »
Hi Lynn!

Great song! I don't know how to describe my impression of it. A good blend of elements. Provocative drums.

Martin

Thanks Martin. I don't know how to describe it, either. Haha. It kind of had a will of its own. Keith will be pleased you like the drums.

Mutrins

• Open Mic
« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2018, 06:00:02 AM »
Dreamy is right! Really love this. And the backing vocals are AWESOME!!!

Neil C

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2018, 07:17:27 PM »
Lynn, Keith
I'm liking this, not too weird, I was a little bit scared seeing the title...
Anyway it's catchy slow song which provides a great backdrop for fabulous vocal delivery. Icey, languid and beguiling all round together.
Perhaps it should be on new version of Twin Peaks!
Hypnotic
 :) :)
Neil
songwriter of no repute..

LostBoy

• Platinum Album
« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2018, 11:37:12 PM »
Hello Lynn,  :D

What a cool song! I enjoyed the whole vibe and yes il admit I asked google what “Putrefaction” & “negging” was! ::) haha! Well thank god Putrefaction “Sings” better than it means. It’s a great hook. ;)

The production worked well also. No nits from me. Great stuff!  :D

tboswell

• Platinum Album
« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2018, 11:10:18 AM »
Really nice listen, I like the relaxed vibe of it. That is something I struggle with in my songs, keeping things open like this so well done!

I think the whole NSFW tag is perhaps a little much, it's not that offensive surely?!

Loved particular the non-harmony bass notes in the chorus, really unsettling in a great way.

Nicely done

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
  • What would you rather be or a wasp?
« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2018, 12:38:08 PM »
Hi Lynn

Really cool vibe, nice L and BVox , you've definitely got your 'sound', for your brand, which takes quite a bit of work to establish.

Can't add much really, LOVE the start, my cup of start.

Sounds a bit '60's to me, imagine a vintage kit, with the Ronnettes in the back line, at dance tempo, tambourines, driving bass....wearing a black and white check vinyl dress with a beehive. On early '60's Top Of The Pops, I'd wear a cardigan and slacks with long hair, shirt with my top button done up.

The pulsing synth @2:17 could pan L/R maybe..

What does NSFW mean? I thought it was a state in Australia!

Didn't find it offensive at all.

Cool song

cpm

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #27 on: April 10, 2018, 04:34:51 PM »
Hi, really enjoyed this,the lead and backing vocals sound great together and theres a cool vibe to the song. Very melodic and the metronomic drums give it that trippy feel.
Excellent!
Cheers
Jamie

redrhodie

• Platinum Album
« Reply #28 on: April 11, 2018, 01:12:24 PM »
Dreamy is right! Really love this. And the backing vocals are AWESOME!!!

Thanks Mutrins!  I'm so glad you like it.

Lynn, Keith
I'm liking this, not too weird, I was a little bit scared seeing the title...
Anyway it's catchy slow song which provides a great backdrop for fabulous vocal delivery. Icey, languid and beguiling all round together.
Perhaps it should be on new version of Twin Peaks!
Hypnotic
 :) :)
Neil

Oh, I love that idea. I would hope I could be in it, singing on a red velvet draped stage, wearing a trench coat and red stilettos. Yeah.

Thanks Neil.

Hello Lynn,  :D

What a cool song! I enjoyed the whole vibe and yes il admit I asked google what “Putrefaction” & “negging” was! ::) haha! Well thank god Putrefaction “Sings” better than it means. It’s a great hook. ;)

The production worked well also. No nits from me. Great stuff!  :D

Thanks Lost Boy. I didn't know the word before I got it in a comment. Haha. It wasn't meant to be mean, but it stuck with me and caused some pondering.

Glad you liked it.

Really nice listen, I like the relaxed vibe of it. That is something I struggle with in my songs, keeping things open like this so well done!

I think the whole NSFW tag is perhaps a little much, it's not that offensive surely?!

Loved particular the non-harmony bass notes in the chorus, really unsettling in a great way.

Nicely done

Thanks for commenting, tb. I had asked  Boydie if it was okay to post songs with swearing, and he said it's fine if I warn everyone. No, the language isn't that bad in this day and age. Haha.

Hi Lynn

Really cool vibe, nice L and BVox , you've definitely got your 'sound', for your brand, which takes quite a bit of work to establish.

Can't add much really, LOVE the start, my cup of start.

Sounds a bit '60's to me, imagine a vintage kit, with the Ronnettes in the back line, at dance tempo, tambourines, driving bass....wearing a black and white check vinyl dress with a beehive. On early '60's Top Of The Pops, I'd wear a cardigan and slacks with long hair, shirt with my top button done up.

The pulsing synth @2:17 could pan L/R maybe..

What does NSFW mean? I thought it was a state in Australia!

Didn't find it offensive at all.

Cool song

cpm

Thanks cpm. I'd love to have a beehive, and long fake lashes. Haha. I was born a little too late. Thanks so much for the ideas. NSFW is not safe for work, just in case people are slacking off instead of working (I can't imagine anyone would do that 😊)! Don't want you to get in Trouble!

Hi, really enjoyed this,the lead and backing vocals sound great together and theres a cool vibe to the song. Very melodic and the metronomic drums give it that trippy feel.
Excellent!
Cheers
Jamie

Thanks Jamie. I love adding background vocals. It's kind of my most favorite part of recording. It makes me wonder if I missed my calling as a Supreme. Haha.

I'm glad you liked it.

Thanks again everyone for all the awesome feedback. Really appreciate your time and effort in responding. Means a lot to me.

Lynn