Songwriter Forum > Resources & Marketing

Have you ever had a song placed with a publisher?

<< < (2/3) > >>

CaliaMoko:
It is nice to be published, as it looks good on my resume when I'm applying for grants. But otherwise, well, publishers have catalogs of tons of songs and when they are successful in pitching something somewhere, it's mostly likely someone else's. So it's a pleasant step, but it's still along shot to get placed. I hope my song will be placed someday, but I'm not holding my breath.

Mrs.Tobi:
Hi, CaliaMoko

Oh, I see. Getting a publishing deal is different than getting a song placed. My husband has a friend co-writer who also got a publishing deal but not a song placed. It’s a stepping stone. Did you specify a time frame for them to get the song placed?

--- Quote from: CaliaMoko on March 12, 2018, 08:52:07 PM ---It is nice to be published, as it looks good on my resume when I'm applying for grants. But otherwise, well, publishers have catalogs of tons of songs and when they are successful in pitching something somewhere, it's mostly likely someone else's. So it's a pleasant step, but it's still along shot to get placed. I hope my song will be placed someday, but I'm not holding my breath.

--- End quote ---

Mrs.Tobi:
Hi, Mike67

Thank you for sharing. Are you in MG? How is it going?
Best regards

--- Quote from: Mike67 on March 11, 2018, 08:29:14 PM ---You can "publish" music yourself via companies such as Music Gateway.

--- End quote ---

Ramshackles:
Well...yes with Believe Digital, but it is distribution which is slightly different to publishing. They approached us finding us via Myspace I think. First contract was when they were somewhat smaller (near the beginning in fact I think).

Mrs.Tobi:
Hi, Ramshackles

How different is it? How is it going?

--- Quote from: Ramshackles on March 13, 2018, 08:48:07 PM ---Well...yes with Believe Digital, but it is distribution which is slightly different to publishing. They approached us finding us via Myspace I think. First contract was when they were somewhat smaller (near the beginning in fact I think).

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version