konalavadome

(new song) Your love is radioactive.

• 27 Replies

shadowfax

• Stadium Tour
  • Singer songwriter
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2018, 03:18:32 PM »
Hi,
Ok i just took a another listen. I LOVED the ending! :)

It has more clarity to the vocal now but i also think it could be a little bit more drier. But it's your call cos your ears will tell you what you like so go with that.

Another aspect worth looking at is the placement of your instruments.
A lot seems to be going on in the middle which is where your vocal stands.
Try panning things out a little here and there.
Some slightly panned and some far out, experiment cos if you do you will hear your voice punching through more without altering it at all because you moved instruments out of the vocals way.

Also if you want that in your face radio vocal sound that you hear on tons of records then make your verses just one vocal and in the chorus do this.... Sing it 3 times. pan two of them at 10 oclock and 2 oclock.

Remove ALL the base from those two vocals and have NO FX on them with a quick gate on each one so when they are not saying anything the gate gets closed off.

Now pull the faders right down on these two vocals then slide them up until you can just about hear them. And then your almost done! Finally look at all 3 vocal takes as audio files, zoom right in and after turning off the snap function on your DAW grab each of those vocals and slide one very slightly forwards and the other ever so slightly backwards against your lead vocal which remains where it is. What this does is clearly separates all 3 vocals. Try it and see.
It's coming along nicely is this song so keep at it making small changes etc co's it's getting clearer and better with each listen.
Johnny :)

Hi Johnny, thanks for your interest and suggestions..the vocal has no verb on it now..just some delay and what your suggesting I've already done, I think it's done too subtly though...which is best I think... :) :)
Soundcloud Shadowfax6

from the nightmare!

adamfarr

• Stadium Tour
    • SongEspresso
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2018, 07:07:27 PM »
Love the new version! Good on ya!

LostBoy

• Platinum Album
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2018, 10:32:33 PM »
No nits from me buddy, just a bangin tune! Awesome stuff...great drums especially and I really liked the ending. Cool stuff!!

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
  • What would you rather be or a wasp?
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2018, 09:38:10 AM »
Hi Shadowfax

I took a listen, and it's not really my thing, but as the others say nicely produced.

Good job

cpm

pnb

« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2018, 05:07:33 PM »
I would love to hear this with a more siege siege sputnik style arrangement...Could be an amazing fusion between rock/punk and .....electro disco.

Great themes and would think a more electronic underpin could make this stunning.

PNB

PaulyX

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2018, 05:17:58 PM »
Another winner - fave parts for me are that 'triplet' guitar rhythm (that's the real hook for me), the big big drums, and the surprise ending.  I felt there was room for a massive synth bassline too.  I just compared your last song to Depeche Mode and Kev has already made the comparison to this one too - but yep if you cranked up some gnarly synths in the low end here you'd have something to rival, or outdo, them at their best.  Megaphone voice worked for me.
It's all too beautiful.

Cawproductions

• Platinum Album
  • Producer, Engineer & Songwriter
    • AtticVibes Music Library
« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2018, 05:42:28 PM »
Hi Shadowfax,

Yeh a great sound, vocal is great, punchy too.

The track has a nice breakdown, I like that in songs. Gives dynamics and adds suspense and tension, Then Bosh, back in the mix.
I also liked the vocal effects later in the track.
Wasnt a fan of the end, but what the heck, be bold.....its there.

Great work.
Andy

Katie Wilson

« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2018, 07:59:53 PM »
A really nice song , your voice reminds me of Fergal Sharkey , I can't find anything wrong with it - does have that 80s feel about it as has been mentioned - I think the only thing I would have liked is maybe going of somewhere with an instrumental giving it a bit of s twist and turn then coming back - but what do I know

Cool song 8 out of 10 from me xxx

giitlesriddles

• Open Mic
« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2018, 03:22:20 PM »
Your songs put me in the 80s and I wasn't even alive then. That's just really cool. I love the way the guitar and drums interplay in these tracks. I like the wordplay in the verses, however I feel the metaphor is a little overpushed sometimes. I love the filter on the acoustic guitar in the bridge section, and the return to the chorus hits hard. That ending is also cool as hell, came out of nowhere. I dig
Great work.

Jambrains

• Platinum Album
  • Jim Steinman ftw!
    • Jambrains
« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2018, 09:56:55 PM »
Rocking along nicely, top drawer stuff as always.
This rock/synth fusion works really well for me, probably a new fav for me.
Think you could bring up the snare a tad to really drive it home.
LOVE then ending, came out of nowhere and cough me by surprise.

montydog

• Stadium Tour
  • http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h40/montydog1/Me
    • Reverbnation
« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2018, 03:33:54 PM »
Hi Kevin,

What a balls out great piece of music. Love all the nuclear bomb comparisons and the rocking riff. The way you take it down at 2:30 and then it bring it back to that hypnotic riff is brilliant. Very effective chord changes. I think this is probably the most rocking song you've come up with and the ending is simply stunning.

It goes without saying that the singing, playing,arrangement, production and mix are all pro quality. Awesome, dude.

M

Movin Flavour

• Platinum Album
« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2018, 11:30:19 AM »
 A good song.

Definitely has that 80s feel. Hints of Ultravox and Talk Talk.

Good beat.

Different ending? I like it just because it's unusual....better than the repeat to fade ending?

Sandeep

RealKevM

• Platinum Album
    • Soundcloud Real KevM 2
« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2018, 02:11:06 AM »
Got me rockin this. Takes me right back, a decent 80s hard rock feel.