konalavadome

Guitar Tone

• 17 Replies

Darren1664

• Platinum Album
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2018, 08:08:19 PM »
Your most welcome, If I can help at all...

Here are 2 ways to get a metallic sound.
1. use a flanger (think steely dan)
2. User a nbathroom kind of reverb (think of scarey monsters and super creeps)

With regards to doubling Vox, it all depends on the song, not all songs need it, you can thicken out choruses, but I'd normally use BVox for that (i.e. not always singing the melody line).

The best thing is to experiment in a controlled way, write down settings that you like...

Good luck

cpm

Thanks CPM, some great advice and I will check out the Flangers and bathroom Reverb. So much to try and learn :P

Never heard of BVox before, is this a plus in? I'm going to have to have a look online now. Anything that will improve me vocals will be great!!

Thanks for all your advice

Darren

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
  • What would you rather be or a wasp?
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2018, 10:32:28 AM »
Your most welcome, If I can help at all...

Here are 2 ways to get a metallic sound.
1. use a flanger (think steely dan)
2. User a nbathroom kind of reverb (think of scarey monsters and super creeps)

With regards to doubling Vox, it all depends on the song, not all songs need it, you can thicken out choruses, but I'd normally use BVox for that (i.e. not always singing the melody line).

The best thing is to experiment in a controlled way, write down settings that you like...

Good luck

cpm

Thanks CPM, some great advice and I will check out the Flangers and bathroom Reverb. So much to try and learn :P

Never heard of BVox before, is this a plus in? I'm going to have to have a look online now. Anything that will improve me vocals will be great!!

Thanks for all your advice

Darren

Hi Darren BVox = Backing Vocal

Regards

cpm