Songwriter Forum > Resources & Marketing

Songwriting course

<< < (3/3)

CaliaMoko:

--- Quote from: Jenna on June 16, 2018, 10:18:00 PM ---The Pat Patterson course then dove into the nitty gritty on prosody and power, where to place the rhymes, where to put the power words, how to make it all ebb and flow. I honestly didn't feel like I knew what I was doing at all until after the Berklee course. Now I'm more comfortable, with a road map and tools in hand, ready to chip and carve more polished lyrics with a professional quality to them.
--- End quote ---

I need to go through my Berklee materials again. I took that course in 2014 (before it was Coursera) and I forgot all about "power words" and where to put them. I would love to have a live review with Pat Pattison. I watched one of his master classes on video (it was part of the course I took)--it focused on prosody and was excellent. Though most of us probably wouldn't be as strict about prosody as Pat is. I think it's possible to find some of Pat's videos on YouTube...[looking]...yes, here's video 1 of 4 of a master class: . Once you're there you can probably find the other three. A web search will also bring them up.

Jenna:

--- Quote from: CaliaMoko on June 16, 2018, 10:56:49 PM ---
I need to go through my Berklee materials again. I took that course in 2014 (before it was Coursera) and I forgot all about "power words" and where to put them. I would love to have a live review with Pat Pattison. I watched one of his master classes on video (it was part of the course I took)--it focused on prosody and was excellent. Though most of us probably wouldn't be as strict about prosody as Pat is. I think it's possible to find some of Pat's videos on YouTube...[looking]...yes, here's video 1 of 4 of a master class:

--- End quote ---

That's why I love your critiques, because you seem to remember the parts I don't as well, like balanced and unbalanced lines/verses. I'd completely forgotten about that until you mentioned it recently.

EveWilliams:
** edited by Boydie

Please contact me directly via PM to advertise on this forum

Musicbusinesslauncher:
**Edited by Boydie - please contact me to advertise on this forum**

If you want to take any online courses I would highly recommend Berklee College of Music

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version