February SOTM

• 17 Replies

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« on: February 24, 2018, 10:08:01 AM »
Would anybody like to run the competition for Feb ? I did offer to run it but I'd like to concentrate on getting the forum compilation album sorted.

Many Thanks

John

Skub

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2018, 05:51:38 PM »
F**k my old boots Johnny boi,has the forum died?

50 views and no takers? 50 members actually looked at your post and said 'nah'?  ???

I've been beat to death with family woes and shit,so I haven't been about much this week,but hey.  :)

I deduce from that,either there is zero interest in a monthly comp,or no one wants to be bothered,outside the usual crew.

So.

I'll do it,if no one else will.

I'll give someone new a chance up until tomorrow.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2018, 05:53:11 PM by Skub »

redrhodie

• Platinum Album
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2018, 06:55:47 PM »
Okay, I'll do it. Peer pressure has gotten to me. Next you'll be wanting me to wear a pork pie hat. Haha.

Skub

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2018, 07:16:56 PM »
G'wan Lynn.  ;D

You'll do a great job kid.

Welcome to the world of eliciting a response from the mostly indifferent!  :D

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2018, 08:48:41 PM »
You have to wear the pork pie hat Lynn, it's part of the deal. The ceremonial SOTM hat  :)

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
  • Strumming on the couch in pigtails
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2018, 09:46:57 PM »
...Welcome to the world of eliciting a response from the mostly indifferent!  :D
I'm not indifferent! And I'll do it again eventually, but....you don't want me to enumerate what all's been going on in my life that's keeping me from doing much of anything else. Suffice to say, every time I think maybe the stressful events will die down, level off, fade away...one or more new ones, sometimes worse than ever, sometimes just overwhelming in numbers, show up. I'm getting used to saying, "You've got to be kidding me!" Surely I'll have handled my quota soon??? I hope.

On the plus side, I'm learning a ton about stress management....

redrhodie

• Platinum Album
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2018, 11:45:31 PM »
You have to wear the pork pie hat Lynn, it's part of the deal. The ceremonial SOTM hat  :)

Luckily, I have the perfect head for it.

...Welcome to the world of eliciting a response from the mostly indifferent!  :D
I'm not indifferent! And I'll do it again eventually, but....you don't want me to enumerate what all's been going on in my life that's keeping me from doing much of anything else. Suffice to say, every time I think maybe the stressful events will die down, level off, fade away...one or more new ones, sometimes worse than ever, sometimes just overwhelming in numbers, show up. I'm getting used to saying, "You've got to be kidding me!" Surely I'll have handled my quota soon??? I hope.

(((Vicki))) Hope things get better soon.

Skub

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2018, 08:26:45 PM »

Hey Vicki,I know you have plenty on your plate,I don't believe anyone who is aware of your circumstances would expect you to step up for running a forum comp. If anyone has a free pass,it's you,kiddo. :)

Maybe I'm being unrealistic in my expectations,but I'd love to see folk who haven't hosted before,give it a go. I understand not everyone likes music and competition in the same sentence.

redrhodie

• Platinum Album
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2018, 09:10:21 PM »

Maybe I'm being unrealistic in my expectations,but I'd love to see folk who haven't hosted before,give it a go. I understand not everyone likes music and competition in the same sentence.

That's not unrealistic, and that's why I decided to give it a go. I've gotten so much from this forum, I'm happy to be able to do it. I was asked before and refused, for reasons similar to Vicki's, but things are better this month. So Vicki, you'll be able to do it again when the time is right. Things will get better. I really hope it happens soon.

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
  • Strumming on the couch in pigtails
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2018, 09:24:58 PM »
@Skub and @redrhodie ... Thanks for the slack and the wishes for a better future! I'm taking steps (meditation, yoga, focus on detachment) to achieve a less stressed state of being, regardless of all the messy situations going on around me. If things are going to keep happening, I still need a life. I think it's working. So maybe I'll be a little more active again soon.

montydog

• Stadium Tour
  • http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h40/montydog1/Me
    • Reverbnation
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2018, 10:50:32 PM »
I'm glad someone has volunteered. I have done this job too many times already and it shouldn't be the same old (very old in my case) faces.

M

Paulski

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2018, 12:35:53 AM »
Thanks for stepping up Lynn. :D
I just don't have time to listen to every song this month.
Pretty lame excuse I know compared to the stress some of ya all have to live with.
My heart goes out to ya  :D

Paul

PaulAds

• Stadium Tour
  • Haemorrhaging Enthusiasm
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2018, 10:56:04 AM »
Whilst trying (not very successfully, I have to say) to get back into the forum after a break, I just dug up a thread from Jan 2017 SOTM where I tried something different and frankly felt like I got a bit of a kicking from a couple of members so I doubt I'll be volunteering again anytime soon.

http://www.songwriterforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=12560.0

heart of stone, feet of clay, knob of butter

redrhodie

• Platinum Album
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2018, 01:33:22 PM »
Whilst trying (not very successfully, I have to say) to get back into the forum after a break, I just dug up a thread from Jan 2017 SOTM where I tried something different and frankly felt like I got a bit of a kicking from a couple of members so I doubt I'll be volunteering again anytime soon.

http://www.songwriterforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=12560.0

That's definitely a risk when trying something different. Some people are not going to like it. But it looks like you got a good amount of votes. I think your method was successful in that respect. You should give it another go sometime.