Burning CDS

• 9 Replies

Katie Wilson

« on: February 18, 2018, 06:32:34 PM »
Hi I've never burnt a CD before , I have downloaded the song that I want to burn onto my laptop in the downloads folder then I send it to the DVD RW drive where I have a list of files ready to written to the disc , then I right click on burn to disc then I prepare the disc at a speed of 4x , then I choose burn an audio CD but when I go play it on my CD PLAYER nothing happens no sound at all

Katie Wilson

« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2018, 06:43:00 PM »
I've got Maxwell XL11-80 discs

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2018, 06:44:19 PM »
I know it's probably a stupid question but has your cd drive burn qualities as some don't.

tone

• Administrator
  • Stadium Tour
  • Forum Former Führer
  • The People's Democratic Republic of Songwriting
    • Anthony Lane on soundcloud
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2018, 06:57:03 PM »
Sounds like you're burning the disk as data as opposed to an audio CD. If you're using a mac, I recommend putting the songs into iTunes (I know, I know, but it is good for this one thing I promise) and create a playlist with the tracks. Then choose burn CD from within itunes playlist and it will create a playable disk.

If you're on windows, I would imagine iTunes is still available and will work the same as on a mac, but have no direct experience here. There's probably freely available software for windows that will do the same thing with far less faff. Someone might even come along and make a suggestion hopefully...
New EP: Straitjacket - Listen here

1st track from my upcoming album -- Click to listen -- Thanks!

Please read the rules before posting in the feedback forums http://bit.l

Katie Wilson

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2018, 07:16:42 PM »
Hi using windows media -and am choosing audio but no luck - it says burn complete but it happens really quickly when I put on the CD player nothing happens - i think that ive messed up some CDS as I tried burning to data to use on my laptop

do you mean the actual CD or my laptop having CD drive qualities

montydog

• Stadium Tour
  • http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h40/montydog1/Me
    • Reverbnation
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2018, 03:28:59 PM »
Hi Katie,

I use a free program called CDBurnerXP. You just choose what type of disc you want to burn (audio), drag and drop the tracks (wav. files or mp3's etc) from their location on your computer into the window below and then press the burn button. You have to have a blank CD in the drive and I don't recommend you use the really fast burn times - some CD players don't like that. I use 8x write speed and I've had no problems. If you still can't get it to work, drop me a PM.

M

Katie Wilson

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2018, 08:34:55 AM »
Great thanks I'll take a look, - I think I've messed some CDS up by trying audio,then data - I only want to put one song on

Laverriere

• Busker
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2018, 08:59:21 AM »
Hi Katie,

I use a free program called CDBurnerXP. You just choose what type of disc you want to burn (audio), drag and drop the tracks (wav. files or mp3's etc) from their location on your computer into the window below and then press the burn button. You have to have a blank CD in the drive and I don't recommend you use the really fast burn times - some CD players don't like that. I use 8x write speed and I've had no problems. If you still can't get it to work, drop me a PM.

M

I use a CDBurberXP too. Such a simple program to use and it works like a charm. Back in the day, I was using Nero for burning discs. Those were the days lol.

Katie Wilson

« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2018, 10:49:08 AM »
Thanks guys I'll hsve a look xx