Let Go, Your Ego!

• 24 Replies

MichaelA

• Stadium Tour
    • Sixth Beatle - a music themed novel by Michael A (not much about  The Beatles!)
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2018, 11:16:02 AM »
Great sound, hello Joe Strummer is back! All you really needed were the ah-ah harmonies over the chorus to complete the picture. The lyrics were amusing, great topic, and the energy in the song is relentless. Just a great big enjoyable listen really!  ;D
My latest novel: pls check it out!

‘Gavin & The Bodysnatchers’, a quirky comedy crime thriller. Easily found on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09GZ7C8M7?ref_=pe_3052080_397514860

mickyplankton

• Platinum Album
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2018, 07:04:09 PM »
Hey everyone thanks for the feedback. Glad you liked it. Montydog, thanks once again for being so honest. Can't please everyone that's to be expected. I appreciate you don't like my influences and I have to admit, your songwriting doesn't seem to suffer from bypassing the punk rock era. Absolutely loved your song when I heard it today. Cheers Micky

Neil C

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2018, 06:18:28 PM »
yes good energy and attitude, takes mw back to teenage years ;D
imagine it would down well live.
nice one
 :)
neil
songwriter of no repute..

PaulAds

• Stadium Tour
  • Haemorrhaging Enthusiasm
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2018, 01:30:25 PM »
Totally my kind of thing, Micky..really enjoyed it!

I missed most of February what with doing FAWM...but I tried to dig a few out that I wanted to comment on...this was one.

Great stuff!
heart of stone, feet of clay, knob of butter

Viscount Cramer & His Orchestra

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2018, 03:01:41 PM »
I'll second that.

Not really my kind of thing these days and confess I voted for Neil in SOTM but this was 2nd choice. Has a raw honest energy and is more appealing than a lot of the more polished stuff on here. Good hookline for this kind of song nicely delivered.

Lyric rhythm/vocal delivery (don't know the technical term) lovely and tight at first.....got a bit looser later but first verse excellent.

My fave of yours I've heard so far.

So, Feb SOTM runner-up for me!
Take it easy.

You can check my stuff out here. Mini-album getting bigger slowly. Free download if you're poorer than me.

Easy Life - Viscount Cramer

mickyplankton

• Platinum Album
« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2018, 01:47:43 PM »
yes good energy and attitude, takes mw back to teenage years ;D
imagine it would down well live.
nice one
 :)
neil
Totally my kind of thing, Micky..really enjoyed it!

I missed most of February what with doing FAWM...but I tried to dig a few out that I wanted to comment on...this was one.

Great stuff!

I'll second that.

Not really my kind of thing these days and confess I voted for Neil in SOTM but this was 2nd choice. Has a raw honest energy and is more appealing than a lot of the more polished stuff on here. Good hookline for this kind of song nicely delivered.

Lyric rhythm/vocal delivery (don't know the technical term) lovely and tight at first.....got a bit looser later but first verse excellent.

My fave of yours I've heard so far.

So, Feb SOTM runner-up for me!

Thanks Chaps. Look out for the next track. In advanced production as i write... :-)

Movin Flavour

• Platinum Album
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2018, 09:26:46 PM »
Great song.

Lots of energy

Good  lyrics paint a real picture.

Like the guitar solo in the middle.

Sandeep

tboswell

• Platinum Album
« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2018, 07:01:20 AM »
Excellent lively feel about this one, taking me back to noisy gigs I played back in day.

If I had any advice it would be to dirty up the bass and drums a bit. If you add to distortion to the bass and drums it will blend better with the guitars and feel "liver" if you know what I mean.
Definitely worth playing about with to see if you like the effect.

Great high-energy stuff with hint of nostalgia (surely nostalgia isn't punk?!)

Tom.

Katie Wilson

« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2018, 08:47:19 AM »
Ive already posted by listening.again really good energy and has a real feel good factor about it - real foot tapping stuff would be great live

crystalsuzy

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2018, 11:10:56 AM »
Not totally my thing, but I actually quite liked this track :) like others have said, it has a raw energy that grabs you by the 'hand' and makes you want to get up and dance :o I love the line "hang on to your ego? No let it go"...that's a classic if you've ever played in a band  ;D ;D
I'd like to have heard a little more dynamic wise, like take it right down for a few lines, and then bring it back to full on  :o Nice job round  :)