konalavadome

Blitzkrieg

• 28 Replies

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2018, 02:46:35 PM »
Thank you all for your comments on this one. It's been really useful to me. I've posted a new version with beefed up chorus and some bv's

https://soundcloud.com/pompeyjazz/blitzkrieg

It's so great to have constructive feedback  :)

tboswell

• Platinum Album
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2018, 04:25:44 PM »
Love the epic scope here and the epic sound it executed very well in the production. Liked it very much.

Darren1664

• Platinum Album
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2018, 08:15:43 PM »
Edit: listened to the original link!! Listening to the new one now (everything from I love the big...is related to the first track) ... I think for me I'd prefer this with a simpler production but I really admire your work and effort here! I love the piano! Sounds so nice! Lyrics and delivery are excellent. Piano, vocals and some gentle percussion is how I hear this but tbh what do I know :P

Great hearing your stuff as always John!!

I love the big production you manage on your song and putting all this together doing FAWM and the forum album just shows how good you've got at this.

I respect the comment of previous posters and can't add anymore to them. I did enjoy this one John ...But for me I think a simpler more stripped back backing music would really let the lyrics and vocal shine. I think it's a really challenging subject but you're lyrics do it so well!

All the best

Darren
« Last Edit: March 08, 2018, 08:28:11 PM by Darren1664 »

PaulAds

• Stadium Tour
  • Haemorrhaging Enthusiasm
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2018, 08:34:45 PM »
This is great, man...

I've always loved the piano part in particular...but this newer version has given the song wings. Great story and very sympathetically told. Super vocals  :)

I'm reading Max Hastings' Bomber Command right now, would you believe...

Really lovely song, John.
heart of stone, feet of clay, knob of butter

digger72

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2018, 03:46:23 PM »
Hi PJ,

It wasn't the song I was expecting from the title; I was geared up for a bit of a thrash fest.
Having just got back from a holiday in Dresden listening to this song seemed quite apt.
I thought the verse vocal and music worked well.
Interesting arrangement and instrumentation. Hard to pigeonhole the genre - no bad thing.

I liked the bridge too - might have ramped the power chords up more for the drop out back to the piano.

Cool and different.

Digger

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
  • What would you rather be or a wasp?
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2018, 09:56:27 AM »
Hi PompeyJazz

Nice, is that the Abbey Road Plate Reverb I can hear???

cpm

irwin

• Solo Gig
    • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCoYFKSWTAI&list=PLWHZTIkxOCWkm6lSQEDem0DQqTMSAoLVe
« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2018, 02:34:46 PM »
this song sounds to me like 70's kinda music. The tempo and  arrangement keep my interest so I listen on read the lyric of which I  think are good.

I like this:
Some could never reconcile
The terrors of those fateful nights

The sing's style is not of my kind but I do think that you carry the tune for the listener to listen.

You did your thing your way and it is your song. I have nothing to criticize.

Need your music on iTunes, Spotify, Amazon, etc? Click DistroKid Link Below and Save 7%:
https://distrokid.com/vip/seven/2528627

https://open.spotify.com/artist/7nwjMIqpi8461amydZmWUC

pnb

« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2018, 04:53:30 PM »
I would reign in the reverb just a little.

I'm a little conflicted as although the chord progressions in the verse are strong..they are a little on the "major" side for the sentiment of much of the lyrics.

If the theme of the song weren't quite so heavy that would be an issue for me...

I find those "progressing" chords against such a devastating lyric to be slightly abrasive.

The chorus doesn't work for me at all....melodically the verse is much stronger.

There is no doubt there is huge talent here...its just not "gelling" for me.

I think its the very dark theme comprised with a slightly "praying for time" style chord progression.

I can hear the talent though...in fact you'd be hard pressed not to.

Pnb.

Cawproductions

• Platinum Album
  • Producer, Engineer & Songwriter
    • AtticVibes Music Library
« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2018, 05:51:19 PM »
Hi Pompey,

Think most peeps said it all but, but for me, only thing that stood out, try cutting the high end from your reverb plugin, that will tame those highs on your vocal, also drop it back in the mix a bit. (I feel I am not the right person to comment on vocals, I literally spend hours trying to make myself sound OK/Passable, Ha, ha)

Great work to Pompey, deep subject and the track gave that feel,

Nice

giitlesriddles

• Open Mic
« Reply #26 on: March 16, 2018, 03:10:56 PM »
These are great lyrics. Like damn, it has horrifying lyrics over an upbeat track like We Will All Go Down Together, by billy joel. It really gave me a big epic vibes, like you were there. I feel like the chorus could use a little tightening, the entrances didn't feel telegraphed enough, and some of the timing felt slightly off. Overall tho, I think you nailed it on the contour, which I find one of the more important aspect of a song. As the lyrics rise and fall, so does the intensity of the track and that's really something great.  Good work!

montydog

• Stadium Tour
  • http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h40/montydog1/Me
    • Reverbnation
« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2018, 12:17:43 PM »
Hi PJ,

There are some well worn lines in here and I'm not a fan of this reportage style of writing - if you'd built the song around the clock being pulled from the wreckage that you still have then that would have been more original and interesting to me. I don't think it's a bad song and your delivery has real authority and grit - I just think it's not one of your best.

M

Movin Flavour

• Platinum Album
« Reply #28 on: March 22, 2018, 09:26:02 AM »
Hi John,

There are some great lyrics and sentiments.

The piano sections are really brilliant.

When I read the intro I thought you were going to allude to how the present has built upon the past.... I totally missed the point.

I think you have all the components of a good song...its just not finished yet?

The tune is really good., even though the lyrics are good, there may be too many.
I like the lyrics ...nobody asked our opinion , perhaps this could part of your recurring chorus?

....it's nearly there

Sandeep