konalavadome

Buffy Sainte Marie tour and cover

• 4 Replies

redrhodie

• Platinum Album
« on: February 07, 2018, 10:54:04 AM »
Hi Everyone,

Last year, Dave and I saw Buffy Sainte Marie in Providence, RI, and it was the best show either of us have ever seen. Really mind blowing. She's touring the UK right now. See her! You won't be sorry. She's really amazing.

This is our cover of her song We Are Circling. I hope we've done it justice.
Listen to we are circling, buffy sainte-marie cover by faraway my lovely #np on #SoundCloud
https://soundcloud.com/user-468459034/we-are-circling-buffy-sainte-marie-cover

diademgrove

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2018, 10:07:25 PM »
For those who haven't heard of Buffy Saint Marie this is from her album Up Where We Belong (yes she co-wrote that). Other songs she wrote include Cod'ine, Universal Soldier, Soldier Blue (from the film) and Now That The Buffalo have Gone. She also breast fed her son on Sesame Street. If you have the change to see her, do so, you won't be disappointed. I've tried to find the dates but had no success other than a date at Lonodn's O2.

Keith

ps Lynn already knows what I think of her cover :)

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
  • Strumming on the couch in pigtails
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2018, 11:05:01 PM »
For those who haven't heard of Buffy Saint Marie....

There's people who never heard of Buffy Sainte Marie??? This one gives me chills.

montydog

• Stadium Tour
  • http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h40/montydog1/Me
    • Reverbnation
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2018, 02:56:45 AM »
For those who haven't heard of Buffy Saint Marie this is from her album Up Where We Belong (yes she co-wrote that). Other songs she wrote include Cod'ine, Universal Soldier, Soldier Blue (from the film) and Now That The Buffalo have Gone. She also breast fed her son on Sesame Street. If you have the change to see her, do so, you won't be disappointed. I've tried to find the dates but had no success other than a date at Lonodn's O2.

Keith

ps Lynn already knows what I think of her cover :)

You've missed her most famous song "Until it's Time For You To Go" as covered most beautifully by Elvis:

If she's coming anywhere near me, I'll be going to see her.

M

adamfarr

• Stadium Tour
    • SongEspresso
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2018, 10:10:58 AM »
She wrote "Up where we belong" too? Sometimes I realise I know nothing about anything...