konalavadome

Poll

Should The 2 Week Rule Apply To The Lyrics Forum?

Yes
12 (42.9%)
No
16 (57.1%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Should The 2 Week Rule Apply To The Lyrics Forum?

• 51 Replies

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
  • Strumming on the couch in pigtails
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« Reply #30 on: February 07, 2018, 03:21:08 PM »
I'll add my opinion to the discussion, although I may not have much of anything new to say.

I voted at least a day or two ago, so I can't remember for sure, but I think I voted "yes"; however, I'm happy either way. The one stand out time I noticed a problem was when we had a member who posted lyrics every day, more or less, for a period of time but never once responded to any comments about them nor did s/he ever post anything whatsoever besides lyrics. No explanations of what s/he was looking for in terms of feedback; no feedback for anyone else; no other posts or comments at all. Limiting posts would have slowed that person down (maybe) but wouldn't have solved the actual problem.

My point, I guess, is the problem is sometimes more of an attitude or approach to posting rather than the frequency of posting, so it won't be fully solved by setting a specific limit.

Vicki

PS: Totally off-topic, but I hope the upgrade won't cause us to lose the ability to choose our fonts when posting....

Hooded Singer

• Open Mic
« Reply #31 on: February 07, 2018, 04:23:27 PM »
I think the poll was posed as a loaded question.

This would have the advantage of making the rules very simple - ie you can only post one song every two weeks in the FINISHED SONGS, WORK IN PROGRESS, and LYRICS boards

I think this would help with the consistency and application of the rule - as well as slow things down to encourage members to review others whilst they wait to post their next song

Boydie

• Administrator
  • Stadium Tour
« Reply #32 on: February 07, 2018, 04:43:56 PM »
Not a "loaded" question at all

It is an option being presented for discussion, which I think it is safe to say has occurred and I think it has been very useful to highlight the issues

This is a privately owned forum so (as SHADOWFAX has said) I can apply whatever rules I want so I do not need to rely on loaded questions or subversion if that is what you are implying

I am simply looking for as many views and opinions on which I can base my decision
To check out my music please visit:

http://soundcloud.com/boydiemusic

Twitter: https://twitter.com/BoydieMusic

Viscount Cramer & His Orchestra

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #33 on: February 07, 2018, 04:44:33 PM »
I didn't mean you specifically Paul just that you used words that highlighted the issue.

Vicki I have noticed your font was different but hadn't really thought about it....didn't know we could have what we wanted
Take it easy.

You can check my stuff out here. Mini-album getting bigger slowly. Free download if you're poorer than me.

Easy Life - Viscount Cramer

diademgrove

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #34 on: February 07, 2018, 08:58:41 PM »
I've just voted. I like the lyrics section, its very friendly and I've received some great advice. I don't recall any problem with a poster submitting too many lyrics. I'd prefer the status quoas I'm sure the regular posters are capable of nudging an over enthusiastic contributor in the right direction.

Keith 

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #35 on: February 07, 2018, 11:08:43 PM »
Torally agree Keith. Everything has been working fine for years then one discretion.  No effing problems.  No changes required 3

Darren1664

• Platinum Album
« Reply #36 on: February 07, 2018, 11:56:22 PM »
I don't think it is needed tbh but I completely get the wish for consistency to help make the rules clearer.

In all honesty I have never found the rules to be that unclear. They're right there and were the first posts I read after joining. Some may miss them and a general nudge will do. Some read them, understand them and do what they like anyhow.

Thanks

Darren

Oldbutyet

« Reply #37 on: February 08, 2018, 12:33:00 AM »
I started on this forum with the username Dogmax and one of the most enjoyable few years i had here was in the lyric section, met up and collab with some of the greatest lyric writers in the our songwriters world (even the young) and now as Oldbutyet im still enjoying the lyric section, although its not the same.

Anyway many thanks Tone and Boydie   8)

Boydie

• Administrator
  • Stadium Tour
« Reply #38 on: February 08, 2018, 08:23:09 AM »
I am feeling that the consensus is that a specific new "rule" is not required

I will try to reword the guidelines to reflect that although there is no posting rule for the lyrics forum members need to aware that they should not "spam" the forum

How about skinning this cat a different way and go for what we would really deem unacceptable:

"No more than 3 lyrics can be posted in a single week"

I think anyone posting more than this would be considered as taking advantage of others and would not get many reviews anyway

This seems a sensible limit and would avoid new members arriving that want to post their entire back catalogue of lyrics in one sitting

What d'yall think of this approach?

It is a clear guideline that we can give new members (to avoid ambiguity and them getting grief when they have not broken any rules), it gives the mods/members something tangible to enforce and it should not disrupt the current flow of the lyrics forum

To check out my music please visit:

http://soundcloud.com/boydiemusic

Twitter: https://twitter.com/BoydieMusic

Katie Wilson

« Reply #39 on: February 08, 2018, 08:55:23 AM »
Hi I think that that is more than fair xxx

Paulski

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #40 on: February 08, 2018, 01:41:02 PM »
Yep - I doubt I'll ever "spurt" more than 3 a week (at my age  ;D)

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
  • Strumming on the couch in pigtails
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« Reply #41 on: February 08, 2018, 02:23:27 PM »
Works for me.

adamfarr

• Stadium Tour
    • SongEspresso
« Reply #42 on: February 08, 2018, 05:19:53 PM »
I like it - clear and wouldn't affect many of us.

Royston

• Open Mic
« Reply #43 on: February 08, 2018, 07:30:18 PM »
I agree with that makes sense.

Royston