konalavadome

Samba's & Cigarettes

• 19 Replies

RealKevM

• Platinum Album
    • Soundcloud Real KevM 2
« on: February 05, 2018, 03:23:17 PM »
Hello! Feedback, criticism and guidance wanted apply within  :)

Daniel_Young

• Busker
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2018, 12:06:58 AM »
That's a nice melody,
I like your voice and the strumming change at 1:08 was cool as well.
I think that you rushed a bit  near the end but overall it was a good performance.

Wish you good luck!

RealKevM

• Platinum Album
    • Soundcloud Real KevM 2
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2018, 06:15:19 AM »
Thanks dude

Katie Wilson

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2018, 02:34:53 PM »
Hi
Sounds good and the melody is good , a bit echoey for me - but great stuff xxx

RealKevM

• Platinum Album
    • Soundcloud Real KevM 2
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2018, 06:19:34 PM »
Cheers Katie, my voice is very much a work in progress hence the reverb lol. Thank you for your kind words  :)

kevysc

• Platinum Album
  • I'm Working from Memory
    • Your Song Contest
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2018, 10:27:16 PM »
Nice to see a live performance!

Cool song, which would work well with a full production.

Kevin

P.S. You should also post this in the Open Mic section

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz

RealKevM

• Platinum Album
    • Soundcloud Real KevM 2
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2018, 06:38:58 AM »
Kev - will do, I don't think I've ventured in that section yet lol.

Cheers Pompey very encouraging.

Jambrains

• Platinum Album
  • Jim Steinman ftw!
    • Jambrains
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2018, 02:34:19 PM »
Yeah, dig the melody and progression, solid song overall. Won't comment on performance/prod since it's a practice session but with a band this one would certainly be great, I can hear it in my head :-)

RealKevM

• Platinum Album
    • Soundcloud Real KevM 2
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2018, 06:47:52 PM »
Yeah, dig the melody and progression, solid song overall. Won't comment on performance/prod since it's a practice session but with a band this one would certainly be great, I can hear it in my head :-)
Cheers Jam!

RealKevM

• Platinum Album
    • Soundcloud Real KevM 2
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2018, 04:15:45 PM »
Well I've done an electric demo version using my Boss BR 80 recorder. Please let me know what you think

https://soundcloud.com/realkevm2/sambas-cigarettes-home-demo

Johnnyuk

« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2018, 06:14:21 PM »
Hi Kev,
I enjoyed this live song demonstration.
When you record live like this with the amp to the side of you it can be problematic, making it difficult for the vocal to cut through. I think that is what happened here.
Do you always record your demo's in this way? Or do you sometimes record the guitar part first then use headphones to then record your vocal part? I'm asking this because if you do record everything at once in that room for example along with reverb on your vocal it bounces the sound off the walls and can make your vocal sound pitchy. It can make you sing higher than you actually need too because of the room and the reverb your using at the time. So i would try recording the guitar part first on a daw then with headphones on sing and record your vocal. See if this helps you with any pitch issues. It should eliminate them for you.
Also and i don't know if this is happening for anyone else on here but when i click on your youtube clip it will not play for me on firefox. I had to use google chrome so i could watch and hear you.

Johnny :)

RealKevM

• Platinum Album
    • Soundcloud Real KevM 2
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2018, 07:25:17 AM »
Hey Johnny, i've got a digital multitrack recorder so record some stuff on there, I just fancied doing a video this time. The sound quality does suffer though doesn't it. I usually do guitar tracks, then bass then vocals. Cheers for the heads up about firefox but God knows what that's all about haha

Johnnyuk

« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2018, 04:18:22 PM »
Hey Johnny, i've got a digital multitrack recorder so record some stuff on there, I just fancied doing a video this time. The sound quality does suffer though doesn't it. I usually do guitar tracks, then bass then vocals. Cheers for the heads up about firefox but God knows what that's all about haha

Hi Kev,
Yeah firefox still isn't working on your songs here. It's ok i'll use chrome instead. :)
For me with this demo of yours it wasn't so much about the sound quality Kev, cos that was more than good enough. It was more about you being able to hear your music back much clearer so you can easily hit those notes. There were parts when your pitch was fine so it told me that the issue was about you not being able to hear your music well enough when singing back. The next time you do a live demo put some headphones on. Because that will defo allow you to hear the music crystal clear which will allow you to sing back much better.
Keep it up Kev your doing great!
Johnny :)

Mrs.Tobi

• Busker
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2018, 06:21:47 PM »
Nice song but why samba? This is not samba. Dont you think people will get confused? It’s nice anyway.