konalavadome

Hello from Huddersfield

• 2 Replies

Larsen B

• Busker
« on: February 03, 2018, 10:19:21 PM »
Hi everyone - just joined this forum, and having just listened to the recordings of a few members, I am already starting to think that in comparison with others' efforts, my own songwriting and recording skills could probably do with some improvement.

Anyway, to briefly introduce myself: I live near Huddersfield in West Yorkshire and have been writing songs for several years, but have only recently acquired the means of recording them. A couple of years ago some work colleagues and I started getting together regularly to rehearse and play at the odd open mic event. We wanted to avoid playing covers, so generally play some of the songs I write, which my colleagues are very polite about - when I am in the room, at least. In time I will put some of mine on here and will be grateful for some constructive feedback - I'll try to provide the same to others.

Best wishes
John

RealKevM

• Platinum Album
    • Soundcloud Real KevM 2
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2018, 11:26:00 PM »
Hi John, welcome to the forum. What style of music do you play? I am looking forward to hearing some of your stuff.

Larsen B

• Busker
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2018, 04:38:06 PM »
Good question - I'm not sure myself. One of my fellow band members described my songs as being "between the Beatles and Oasis" - which I would settle for, but I can't help thinking that in any list including my songs, the Beatles and Oasis, my songs would not be in the middle of any ordering, but very much at one end  - the wrong end.

I'll put one on the main thread soon and would appreciate your judgement!