konalavadome

Boom Boom Boom !

• 22 Replies

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2018, 03:02:07 PM »
Hi John, well you nailed the genre! Eurovision is something I avoid like the plague, so i can't get too enthusiastic about this type of music, but I can admire your ability to 'pull it off' (ooh errr missus).
Nice one!
Cheers
Jamie

Johnnyuk

« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2018, 07:36:26 PM »
Hi,
I loved it!  ;)
You can clearly hear in the song that you are loving this creative process that we call songwriting. :)
With it being an upbeat dance track i would look at the FX on your vocals. The autotune FX is fine. What I am talking about here is reverb and delay. Because it is a fast beat you should use shorter reverb and delay FX's as this will help your vocal to be heard and stand out in the mix better. Also a neat trick for your vocal is to sing it 2 more times and to sit those vocals way back in the mix. It will warm up your lead vocal 100%. It's a trick the pro's use to make vocals stand out eg: in the chorus for example.
Keep up the great work.
Johnny :)

Wicked Deeds

« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2018, 09:15:54 AM »
Quite a surprise to hear this. I admire your willingness to embrace a different musical genre.  I guess it's ideal for pitching to other artists - it's definitely instantly catchy. Makes me want to deviate from the music I know and live next time so sit down to write.

Cool stuff!

Paul

montydog

• Stadium Tour
  • http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h40/montydog1/Me
    • Reverbnation
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2018, 03:06:50 PM »
I'm with Jamie. I really shouldn't like this at all - it goes against all my principles but I can't bloody help but admire it. After you'd done it, did it make you think less of the people who make this and nothing else for a living or did you think "This isn't so easy after all"? I always think of this type of music as lowest common denominator, mindless, conveyor belt pop but it's effective when done well and this done very well indeed.

M

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2018, 05:56:50 PM »
Thanks so much for all the reviews on this song. This WAS VERY tongue in cheek and not at all serious so quite amazed as to how many play's it's had.

Good points raised. No, I don't particularly like the genre but this song started off with some free samples from Computer Music magazine and just morphed into what it was.

I would say that I found it generally easier to do that other songs I've done, this was about 3 hour work max.

It was fun and sometimes it's interesting to do that so you can come back with some more ideas.

Cheers all  :)

Mrs.Tobi

• Busker
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2018, 11:30:23 PM »
My opinion is not very relevant cause Im not a musician but the rules of the Forum say i should comment so here we go: I like your playing with words “You're never on your own/It makes me sad when I am all alone”, really nice. Not my style but Im pretty sure it is good for the genre. Congrats

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2018, 11:53:59 PM »
Not my genre either  :) But you've gotta try something different every now and again peut etres?  Thanks for the comments they really are appreciated

MichaelA

• Stadium Tour
    • Sixth Beatle - a music themed novel by Michael A (not much about  The Beatles!)
« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2018, 10:11:11 AM »
I think it is a great idea to stretch yourself into other genres as a songwriter- and this is definitely an admirable sailing into alien waters for you. Loads of fun and interesting how you've analysed and recreated some of the hooks for this genre without it being your own, which shows a skilled writers instinct at work. Well done, I say! (Plus made me laugh re the number of plays - maybe you are genuinely onto something!  ;D )
My latest novel: pls check it out!

‘Gavin & The Bodysnatchers’, a quirky comedy crime thriller. Easily found on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09GZ7C8M7?ref_=pe_3052080_397514860