Half a song - Loin De Mois

• 34 Replies

Darren1664

• Platinum Album
« Reply #30 on: April 14, 2018, 04:10:20 PM »
Lol I just realised I forgot to chop out the chatter at the start!

Haha I did wonder....

I really like the ending myself. The harmonies on the vocal sound very nice. I did feel around the 3.15 mark some bass was needed but that's my only comment for this. It is very well played and sung and an enjoyable listen. Be great to hear this once mixed etc.

dasntn

• Open Mic
  • Nex't'Nothin - my main gig
    • Nex't'Nothin
« Reply #31 on: April 15, 2018, 08:27:39 AM »
Hi

sounding really good. It has a wonderfully different feel to so much of what you here these days. There's something of a "period" feel to it (not sure what period, maybe 1920's France) which is lovely.

I think the oohs coming in as they do at the end is a bit of an abrupt change of feel for the ending. But maybe, bringing them in earlier on behind a verse (perhaps if you go with the dropping the piano for a bit  idea, then at that point), would make them integrate more with the overall feel. I also think an accordion coming in somewhere round the middle (perhaps where the tempo changes) would be interesting (probably reflecting my France 1920's view, so might not be what you are after!)

The piano playing is lovely!

cheers
Dave

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
  • What would you rather be or a wasp?
« Reply #32 on: April 25, 2018, 12:27:29 PM »
Hi Ramshackles

It's really taken shape...

Love the voices at the beginning, Dave is right maybe some vinyl fx over it to give it a period vibe.

Superb transition to the guitar bit, when the vox climbs up to about 2:25, there could possibly benefit from a stop (for breath as it were).

Nice shaker too.

Would a stand up bass and/or accordion bring anything to it?

All in all a super Song,

Look forward to hearing it after you've mixed and prodded it.

Thanks very much say my ears.

cpm

Ramshackles

• Global Moderator
  • Stadium Tour
  • https://soundcloud.com/ramshackles
    • Ramshackles @ Facebook
« Reply #33 on: June 30, 2018, 02:49:12 PM »
It's been ages but I'm coming back to this. Couldn't get the 'big' ending right at all, so I'm going for a 'small' ending instead.
Taken all your comments on board and going to address/add a few things (like a bit of bass) and then just go for a 'finished version'....

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
  • What would you rather be or a wasp?
« Reply #34 on: June 30, 2018, 09:52:10 PM »
It's been ages but I'm coming back to this. Couldn't get the 'big' ending right at all, so I'm going for a 'small' ending instead.
Taken all your comments on board and going to address/add a few things (like a bit of bass) and then just go for a 'finished version'....

It's definitely worth finishing it, some songs just linger longer, that's how it goes, but these tend to come out really well, becasue if you didn't like 'em they would have been into the trash before now, I bet it'll be a keeper.

Really interested to hear it.

cpm