konalavadome

*tips hat*

• 11 Replies

MjayP

• Busker
« on: January 31, 2018, 06:37:17 PM »
A warm welcome to everyone on this forum.
My name is Matt, and I’ve recently started getting very passionate about songwriting.

I’ve been making a lot of demos lately,
and felt that this seemed like a great place to find like-minded people to help me grow as a songwriter.

Please check out my Soundcloud: www.soundcloud.com/mattpuxty

My vocals definitely need work, but I’m hoping that a place like this would focus more on the songs than a few flat notes!

What’s the crack around here then? Where’s the best place to head now?

Regards,

Matt
« Last Edit: January 31, 2018, 06:41:08 PM by MjayP »

ScottLevi

• Platinum Album
  • Keep on Trucking
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2018, 08:47:03 PM »
Hey Matt,

Cheers for warm introduction, good to have you here and I'm sure you'll find what you're looking for.

You'd struggle to find anyone here with much self-confident with their voice, think it's just a thing - and it don't stop us - so don't let it stop you!

Etiquette is generally treat others as you'd like to be treated, we're an equal community so you can only expect to get what you're willing to give. There's nothing rigid to enforce that which is great, because it puts emphasis on relationships which leads to honesty and comfort in critique.

There are a few rules to help with smoother running (I.e. 1 finished song every 2 weeks) and you'll find them in a sticky thread at the top of whatever category you're in.

If you've demos to share I'd suggest heading over to Finished Songs, having a read of the rules there, leaving some friendly feedback for others and choosing one of yours to put up.

Looking forward to hearing off you, and hope you find what you're looking for!

All the Best,
Scott

MjayP

• Busker
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2018, 09:18:41 PM »
Hey Scott,

Thanks a lot for the response.

Vocals can definitely be a thorn in the side. Glad to hear I’m not alone! I recently purchased a phone app that trains you to hit notes more accurately, so I hope to see big improvements!

The community aspect sounds great. Especially regarding the ‘get out what you put in’. There are far too many self absorbed people on typical social media sites, so it’s a refreshing change.

I shall familiarise myself with the rules, and start posting!

Cheers.

Ramshackles

• Global Moderator
  • Stadium Tour
  • https://soundcloud.com/ramshackles
    • Ramshackles @ Facebook
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2018, 09:56:39 PM »
Hello & welcome!

Have a nose round, contribute to ongoing discussions, start your own and try to review other peoples songs & lyrics
 :)

tone

• Administrator
  • Stadium Tour
  • Forum Former Führer
  • The People's Democratic Republic of Songwriting
    • Anthony Lane on soundcloud
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2018, 10:29:08 PM »
Yo Matt

Welcome aboard! Glad you've found our friendly little corner of the web and look forward to seeing you around. Any questions just shout.

Tone :)
New EP: Straitjacket - Listen here

1st track from my upcoming album -- Click to listen -- Thanks!

Please read the rules before posting in the feedback forums http://bit.l

MjayP

• Busker
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2018, 08:26:09 PM »
Thank you all very much! Looking forward to it.

RealKevM

• Platinum Album
    • Soundcloud Real KevM 2
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2018, 09:04:28 PM »
Hi Matt, welcome to the forum. I've had a listen to a few of your songs, you write some good stuff. There's nothing wrong with your voice either by the way :)

MjayP

• Busker
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2018, 01:49:49 PM »
Hi Matt, welcome to the forum. I've had a listen to a few of your songs, you write some good stuff. There's nothing wrong with your voice either by the way :)

I almost missed this, Kev! Thank you very much for listening, and the kind words. Especially concerning the vocals! I guess it's natural to hate your own... Just as everyone hates their speaking voice when they hear a recording of it.

Katie Wilson

« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2018, 07:01:52 AM »
Hi Matt welcome to the forum
Katie xxx

RealKevM

• Platinum Album
    • Soundcloud Real KevM 2
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2018, 05:52:39 PM »

I almost missed this, Kev! Thank you very much for listening, and the kind words. Especially concerning the vocals! I guess it's natural to hate your own... Just as everyone hates their speaking voice when they hear a recording of it.
Welcome Matey

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
  • What would you rather be or a wasp?
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2018, 11:30:00 AM »
Welcome Matt