FAWM - Area for songs, discussion and therapy!!!

• 60 Replies

Martinswede

• Platinum Album
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2018, 08:00:51 PM »
Nice to hear pompey!

Here my latest contribution https://soundcloud.com/k-martin-j/mathilda

Oddly it's both short and kind of happy.

Wrote it in 15 min while having coffee.

Tomorrow week two starts. 3 1/2 more songs to write. Anti yay. I aim to get that half song written at least.

The S

• Solo Gig
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2018, 09:34:07 PM »
Oh I need to find you guys on FAWM. I joined up a few weeks ago but didn't really plan to participate, just meant to enjoy it from a bystanders point of view, until today that is. Apparently I decided to join in with a quick song I wrote yesterday.

Damn, that means I'm way behind!?!?!!

Paul and Martin, I'm impressed with you guys, I'm always impressed by FAWMers. It's a really cool idea. Best of luck!

/Peter

Oh, here's my song if you'd care to take a listen, just a one take demo with sloppy guitar playing. Hehe!

http://fawm.org/fawmers/boostock/

PaulAds

• Stadium Tour
  • Haemorrhaging Enthusiasm
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2018, 09:47:58 PM »
Hey, Peter  :)

What a great song to get you started...very impressive!

And well done too, Martin...you're doing great!
heart of stone, feet of clay, knob of butter

Martinswede

• Platinum Album
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2018, 09:59:23 PM »
Hi Peter!

It's great that you've started too. The song you posted shows quality. Your not that far behind you just have a different quota. .65 songs a day isn't that bad.

Best of luck!

Martin

MjayP

• Busker
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2018, 11:07:52 PM »
Ahh, Matilda... certain names make great sounding lyrics, that’s for sure. Also, my shortest songs are usually happy too. Maybe because happiness is fleeting... :o

Anyway, I couldn’t resist signing up to the proper site. I’m quite liking it over there!

http://fawm.org/fawmers/mjayp/

And Peter, your song sounds very Dylan-esque. Great stuff!

Wicked Deeds

« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2018, 03:54:13 PM »
I'm already impressed by the bravery that you guys have shown in taking this task on. 

Last night I decided to register with  FAWM.   I read the brief for the first week and wrote a song today as I wasn't at work.  I then thought about what I have to juggle: the next two days working 12.5 hours per day before a two week holiday then a trip to the north East to collect my children and bring them over to the North West.  I'll be spending a week with them so thought that perhaps it might be more than a little unfair be writing and recording when it's important that I spend quality time with them.  Then there's work related study and very importantly time for my partner.  If I omit to do the last part, I'll be in for a real kicking - stormy waters indeed.  Ok, I got a new song out of FAWM - I didn't post it but it made me think seriously about the commitment that it requires. 

Best to everyone who participate as we all have commitments and demands on our time.  For my sanity, I don't think 2018 will be the year for me.  I am however, watching this thread with a great deal of interest and wish everyone who participates the very best of luck!

Paul

The S

• Solo Gig
« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2018, 09:25:36 PM »
Paul, (Wicked)

To be honest, there's not a chance in hell I'll be doing all 14 songs. That I knew from the moment I signed up.

I'm in the midst of writing and recording a song a week with an old buddy of mine. That's my first priority, and that, work and family doesn't leave much room for any other big commitments.

Just figured, it doesn't hurt to post if I got one or two (or more) demos made quickly.

Always been intrigued by FAWM, so I'm just glad to hang around the place and participate in any way I can.

Sure, I'd be happy to give FAWM a real try one day, but that time is not now. But I'm really impressed by the ones that do, and one day I will.

Paul, FYI, you are allowed to just post one or a few if you feel that's what you can muster, that doesn't make you less welcome. Just saying.

Cheers,

Peter

Skub

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2018, 09:38:37 PM »
Yo Paul of the Ads variety.

Summer Horrorday is a friggin' masterpiece.

If I'd written that and never wrote anything else in my life,I'd be more than happy.

Yer a clever bastrid.

Just thought I'd let ya know.  8)

PaulAds

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2018, 10:43:41 PM »
Aw...thanks Davy.

You and all the other guys really help keep me going :)

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2018, 05:30:33 PM »
Well, I've got nothing to lose and as I write pretty rapidly, I decided to sign up and I've uploaded the two songs that I've written this month.

If I don't do 14 then I don't do 14  :)

See you guys on there  :)

Martinswede

• Platinum Album
« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2018, 05:58:01 PM »
Wicked Deeds - We all have a different amount of time to... waste on making music. One song is still great!

pompeyjazz - Cool! The piano on Blitzkrieg has this Here Comes The Sun vibe too it.

PaulAds

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2018, 05:56:43 PM »
Great stuff, John!

I've lost three days with other commitments...but I had a few hours today...knocked up three pretty basic tracks...dunno if I'm quite feeling it this time...but I shall persevere :-)

I found the drum track for "Complete Control" this morning on youtube...and as the other day was "international clash day" I thought I'd load the mp3 into GarageBand and make a new song around it...was pretty fun to do. Topper is such a great drummer...

It's here

https://soundcloud.com/thefuneralcrasher/outnumbered-but-never-out-clashed

Off to a gig now...more guitar....aaarrrgghhhh :P

« Last Edit: February 11, 2018, 07:30:26 PM by PaulAds »

Martinswede

• Platinum Album
« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2018, 07:55:40 PM »
I like your song PaulAds. It captures many emotions. A piece of music history I've never taken a closer look at.

I've written 7 songs now. I hesitate to record them. Don't have the focus.
I've started on the Week #2 'challenge' with a falling bass line.

Still a whole lot of time left.

I

PaulAds

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #29 on: February 11, 2018, 07:58:51 PM »
That's brilliant going, Martin!

I'm a bit more relaxed this year...bits of ideas are fine for now...we can always expand on any good ideas once February is over.