Two riders

• 3 Replies

Daniel_Young

• Busker
« on: February 05, 2018, 04:10:41 PM »
Hi All!

https://soundcloud.com/user-650616761/apache-on-space-cover

Thanks for listening.

Any kind of feedback on the mix\song is very welcome(even if you think it is  trash for any reason,
I won't get offended by any comment  :) )
« Last Edit: March 09, 2018, 09:11:26 PM by Daniel_Young »

RealKevM

• Platinum Album
    • Soundcloud Real KevM 2
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2018, 04:16:37 PM »
Hi Dan, I really like the riff at the beginning, I can imagine it as a full band and sounding really catch and great. I struggled to hear your voice during the verse, it sounded like you were mumbling and you are quiet. The chorus is pretty catchy I like it, especially the guitar part. Thanks for sharing.

PaulyX

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2018, 11:01:30 PM »
That was really interesting.  Had a definite late-60s California jam band type feel, like Quicksilver Messenger Service or something, and I guess the lyrics fit that Easy Rider type vibe too.
Biggest positives for me were the lush guitar sounds, the sleepy vocal delivery in the verses, and the ambitious structure... the way it is divided up into a few quite contrasting sections - especially the intro caught my attention straight away.
The bits I felt needed work were some timing issues with the guitars, the vocals in the choruses (felt like you were singing above your range... try it down an octave?), and the lyrics don't make sense to me in some lines ("the whole building can hear you loud", "try not to get into blind"... or maybe you want them to be a bit confusing?).
Could be a very cool slacker song with a bit more polish though, as it definitely has a clear atmosphere.
It's all too beautiful.

Daniel_Young

• Busker
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2018, 12:04:54 AM »
RealKevM-
Thanks,there is a place for a better take for the vocals.
  The verse was actually meant to be spoken like that  to set a different mood,changing it is also an option.

PaulyX-I'm gonna have to agree.
the drums  give it a 60's vibe as well, there is also a need to
arrange things better.
my voice is thin and I'm not quite sure if that is a vocal range problam.
for the lyrics you are right and the first one to see it,it was actually meant to be different.
Thank you! I really appreciate it.