Hi from Bankie / Colin McGregor

• 4 Replies

Bankie

• Solo Gig
« on: January 21, 2018, 10:32:44 PM »
Hi, I registered just a few days ago, so thought I'd tell you a little bit about myself.

First the bare facts: I'm 46, from a small town 18 miles from Glasgow in Scotland. The guitar has been my main instrument until about 4 years ago when I took up piano, and that suits me much better, though a lifetime of playing guitar means I can play well enough to do what I need to. I'm not keen on my voice, but as I do everything myself, I just have to make the most of it. I can at least sing in tune though, and I try hard :)

My songwriting is primarily for myself. When others like it, it's a bonus, but really, I'm my greatest fan (as well as greatest critic). I know how that sounds, but I don't have a big ego - I simply write the songs I want to listen to. And I don't believe I have any real musical direction. I do rock, pop, some orchestral arrangements and I've written a few piano pieces. I like clean sounds; I enjoy purity, melody and balance. You won't find me writing jazz, punk or rap, but most of anything else is fair game.

My songwriting ambition is to write something I can regard as a masterpiece. Something with real drama and feeling. Something with complexity and interest, yet easy to devour.

See you on the forum :)

https://soundcloud.com/bankie666
https://www.facebook.com/Colin-McGregor-108833974644

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2018, 11:18:51 PM »
Fair play Bankie.  Seems like you've come to the right place.  As long as you participate you will get great feedback and have a lot of fun.  Have enjoyed listening to your songs already. Cheers,  John

Katie Wilson

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2018, 12:50:40 AM »
Welcome to the forum Bankie , I look forward to seeing your stuff

RealKevM

• Platinum Album
    • Soundcloud Real KevM 2
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2018, 11:04:51 PM »
Welcome matey

mickyplankton

• Platinum Album
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2018, 08:22:20 AM »
Welcome to the forum Bankie