konalavadome

MY FIRST DEMO TRACK - "Life Line"

• 8 Replies

Robbie S

• Busker
    • Six Months To Write A Hit Record
« on: January 19, 2018, 10:42:20 AM »

Hi folks,

Hope you are all well, please take a moment to check out my first demo track called Life Line.

I'm currently two weeks into a mission to see if I can write a hit song within 6 months.

Here's a link to the song on Soundcloud (I know this is not a hit song, but it's a start)
  https://soundcloud.com/user-53270383/life-line

If you like you can check out out my latest Vlog, and subscribe if you like it please

Thanks
  Robbie

Oh here are the lyrics...

Life Line

It’s not a fight I want to loose
It’s not a fight that I choose   
Give me a sign,  show me the way

Let me be strong, let me believe   
I’m holding on, I can’t breath

Throw me a life line
Before I go down
Throw me a life line   
I still wanna shine

This ships not sinking tonight

It’s not a game I wan’t to play
I’m breaking the rules, every day   
Losing my faith,  loosing control

Let me be strong, let me believe   
I’m holding on, I can’t breath

Throw me a life line
Before I go down
Throw me a life line      
I still wanna shine.

Throw me a life line
Before I go down
Throw me a life line 
I still wanna shine

I still want to shine

This ships not sinking
This ships not sinking tonight

dasntn

• Open Mic
  • Nex't'Nothin - my main gig
    • Nex't'Nothin
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2018, 10:07:57 AM »
Hi Robbie

nice clean recording so you can really hear the words and melody, which is great!

Great lyrics, with the ship sinking showing how the singer is struggling, but not giving in! Really strong, I think!

Dave

Katie Wilson

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2018, 02:59:43 PM »
I think it's really good and got real possibilities and can't wait to hear the finished song

Martinswede

• Platinum Album
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2018, 09:30:05 PM »
Hi and welcome!

I'm fine thank you. This is an interesting project you have. Is your plan to work with the same song for 182 days or are you thinking of writing multiple songs and work with a progressive set of benchmarks to get to your goal?

At first I must say there is some kind of phase shift (It might be a panning/stereo effect)in the vocals that makes a focused listening difficult.

Your song has a melodic chorus and I like the lyrics. The campfire tambourine gives this sing along quality that I have a hard time placing on a hit song but if this is your first attempt at a hit song and it took two weeks to make I think you have things going in the right direction.

All the best,
Martin

Hooded Singer

• Open Mic
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2018, 11:06:12 PM »
It sounds very cabaret, like background noise on a cruise ship. Very relaxing.

The S

• Solo Gig
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2018, 05:30:48 PM »
I think it's a good start Robbie. Keep 'em coming.  :)

Out of curiosity though I think it's time to establish what a "hit" song is?!?! I mean, to you, what does a "hit" song mean?!! The term is quite broad by itself and could be a lot of different songs in various genres. And before I know what "hit" means to you it's pretty hard knowing if you're on your way or not.

Fair enough?!!

Cheers,

Peter

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2018, 11:08:11 PM »
Hi Robbie.  I have been following your vlogs with some interest although I am still intrigued by what you actually mean by a hit record. The vids must have taken you one helluva time to produce as they are very well put together.  Would personally like to hear a lot more of your music next time, then it will be able to critque it. Good luck man, five months left, spend that time that you were going to make a film about buying guitar strings,  doing some music  :)

MjayP

• Busker
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2018, 07:14:55 PM »
Hi Robbie,

First of all, I think you’re nuts for having this 6 month goal, but I can’t help and admire the scope of your ambition! This is a solid first effort, for sure. I look forward to seeing what else you create during this project.

I’m also going to subscribe to your YouTube channel. I’m really intrigued to see where this goes.

Regards,

Matt

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
  • What would you rather be or a wasp?
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2018, 12:47:24 PM »
Brilliant first demo.

nuff said

cpm