Your Extra Special Wedding Day

• 19 Replies

Darren1664

• Platinum Album
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2018, 07:41:53 PM »
This is really nicely put together. I was listening to this wondering how on earth you find the time to put all this together. There is a lot going on and a lot of different sections.

It's a great track that shows off your abundant skills! Nice work John!! And I love the affected voice in the middle, fits in really well!

mickyplankton

• Platinum Album
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2018, 05:56:33 PM »
Hey Pompey. Another classic from your prolific sound factory. The atmosphere and heft of the guitar and organ and bell combo is absolutely awesome! It drags the rest of the arrangement along kicking and screaming in a very satisfying way. Another interesting concept for a song. You have a great talent for unearthing ideas for social commentary and you never ram it down the listeners throat. Always thought provoking. Great work

The one

• Busker
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2018, 02:07:48 PM »
Great song. Well constructed. Bit too sad for my liking.

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2018, 09:09:33 AM »
Thanks all for the invaluable feedback as usual. Wasn't quite sure how this one would go down

Kev - Yes, hear what you say about the fighting frequencies. Sometimes it's damn hard to get the mix right

Neil - Thanks, yes, I've amended the vocs volume slightly so hopefully it's a bit better  :)

Jamie - My imagination has been described as vivid and obtuse  ;D ;D

Skub -
I love the way you use the discordant aspects of the song to create a feeling of misalignment and to emphasize the twisted purpose of two people making vows

Yeah - You got it dead on, that's exactly what I was trying to achieve - Couldn't get the priest to redo the vocals, apparently he's under investigation

Katie - Thank's - I kept it slow to kind of try and morph the wedding march into a funeral procession

Rightly - Thanks - two at the moment  ;D ;D

Refused - Thanks, odd is good in my book  :)

Adam - Glad you liked it, wanted it to sound loud, messy and chaotic  :)

Alan - Gee, thanks for the compliments. As most vocalists do though I hate hearing my own vocals

Lynn - Glad you appreciated the slightly off kilter aspects  :)

PaulyX - Yep - Just going for something a bit different. Hopefully it worked

Darren - I suppose there is a lot going on but when I checked there were surprisingly few tracks

Micky - Fantastic feedback, I really appreciate it

Theone - It's supposed to be sad  ;D ;D

Thanks all once again

Morefrog Jones

• Platinum Album
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2018, 12:21:37 PM »
More innovative song writing - not too in your face but the message it quite clear.
Catchy in places with some nice hooks.
Nicely put together with a real epic feel
If i had my way it should be piped through the speakers at the house of commons on loop....although they are so far detached from reality that probably would not get it.

I think this is one of PJ's Best songs.