konalavadome

Forum "Snapshot" Compilation Album

• 115 Replies

Viscount Cramer & His Orchestra

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #105 on: April 07, 2018, 08:54:09 PM »
Hey that's something at least. It can only go up!
Take it easy.

You can check my stuff out here. Mini-album getting bigger slowly. Free download if you're poorer than me.

Easy Life - Viscount Cramer

PaulyX

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #106 on: April 07, 2018, 09:01:21 PM »
It's a fine album guys, well done.  Along with Paul Ads' excellent release it was my commuting companion every day this week.  Even though I've only been here less than a year, listening to a lot of the tracks felt like meeting up with old friends since I remembered a lot of them from here.  It's diverse but somehow hangs together really well (and I confess I had my doubts it would do that).  Nice one Pompey.
It's all too beautiful.

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #107 on: April 07, 2018, 10:46:50 PM »
Agree with you @PaulyX A compilation album was never going to satisfy every taste. I must say, like you I've been listening a lot to forum members albums. Big thumbs up for excellent albums by @PaulAds  and @Viscount Cramer & His Orchestra both of which I've listened to in their entirety this evening. Bandcamp stats are scary. You get a breakdown of complete plays, partial plays and skips. Not very many people listen to complete tracks these days let alone albums

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #108 on: May 04, 2018, 12:52:10 PM »
I've just heard back from the charity who are now promoting the album on their Facebook and Instagram accounts. They have posted the following

https://www.facebook.com/LAPRANDD/posts/1298849836925444

Bandcamp sales are currently @ £153.06 so it would be good to get some more contributions.

If anybody hasn't listened to the album it would be great if you did  :)

Cheers

John

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #109 on: August 17, 2018, 07:33:12 AM »
Hi all,

Just a final plug for the forum album. If anybody hasn't had a listen or downloaded it from Bandcamp you are all very welcome  :) If you would like to donate any dosh to a very worthy charity then all the better

Bandcamp sales are (still) @ £153.06 so it would be good to get some more contributions.

Here's the link again

https://ukswf.bandcamp.com/releases

Cheers all

John

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
  • Strumming on the couch in pigtails
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« Reply #110 on: August 17, 2018, 02:41:32 PM »
Yes, get your own copy! And get on your social media accounts and encourage all your friends to buy their own copies. Surely we can get total proceeds up to at least 200.00.

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #111 on: November 27, 2018, 10:31:46 PM »
For all of you listeners out there. Just an update on the album. I've just sent the proceeds of the album sales to the charity. A total of 127 quid with Bandcamp taking their cut. I just want to thank everyone who was involved in contributing to this album, fabulous songs and excellent production from @Boydie plus artwork from @Viscount Cramer & His Orchestra .Overall though it is fecking poor that nobody else apart from the contributors and a couple of other people bothered to do any community promotional work. Anyway, rant over 😨 p.s I friggin hate charity stuff generally especially if they bang on your front door.

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« Reply #112 on: November 28, 2018, 12:45:42 AM »
Thanks for the update, John. I was hoping it would do at least a little better than that, but I don't want to sound ungrateful...it's better than a kick in the butt.

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #113 on: November 28, 2018, 06:57:14 AM »
Hi Vicki, yes I'm very grateful for all of the contributions made but it still galls me that I probably could have raised more money by running 10k dressed as a giant banana  ;D

The album is still available to purchase on Bandcamp btw for anybody who fancies a listen.

rightly

• Stadium Tour
  • newer Soundcloud https://soundcloud.com/2rightly
    • My cloud o' sound.
« Reply #114 on: November 29, 2018, 01:13:12 PM »
I can only say I'm happy to have participated in this project.
I'm very grateful to you and those involved.
There's very little money in music these days and talent is abundant.
I hope you're not feeling too disappointed.
It's either this or that, then again it might be the other. 

I can promise you a future of slow decline.

Don't eat the yellow snow

And there you have it. 

https://soundcloud.com/2rightly

https://soundcloud.com/rightly

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« Reply #115 on: November 29, 2018, 07:37:43 PM »
Hi Vicki, yes I'm very grateful for all of the contributions made but it still galls me that I probably could have raised more money by running 10k dressed as a giant banana  ;D

It might not be too late to do that!  :o I would watch donate!