Forum "Snapshot" Compilation Album

• 115 Replies

Bill Saunders

• Platinum Album
    • https://soundcloud.com/bill-saunders
« Reply #75 on: March 12, 2018, 05:23:59 PM »
Just a quick update to say there will be more news on the "Snapshot" Album later this week  :)

Likewise - thanks John, your efforts are really appreciated.

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #76 on: March 21, 2018, 11:15:24 PM »
OK all. Here's the latest.  The music is all in and mastered by maestro @Boydie So as there has been minimal interest in a physical Cd I'm intending to release the album on Bandcamp shortly on a pay what you like basis. I'll use the artwork that's been sent to me already. I'll add the individual artist inormation based on Soundcloud profiles unless anyone says otherwise.  I also intend to upload to Amuse so we get all of the songs on all media platforms. ITunes etc etc. With regard to any monies made I would like to give it all to a charity started by an amazing guy named Mo (See later post for details) who dug something out of my earthly body using advanced key hole stuff.  Anyway enough of the emotional stuff... If you disagree please let me know. PLUS if anyone can promote your album please do it  :)

LostBoy

• Platinum Album
« Reply #77 on: March 21, 2018, 11:31:07 PM »
Oooh...how exciting!! I can’t wait to hear it mate! Thanks so much to everyone involved in setting this up & yeah..show Mo the moooooneeeeeeey!!! ;D

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #78 on: March 21, 2018, 11:41:38 PM »
The account has been set up in the Cayman Islands with no trail apparently. .. sorry I've just been told to get off the s

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
  • Strumming on the couch in pigtails
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« Reply #80 on: March 22, 2018, 04:34:40 PM »
I always choose my charities by looking up their ratings, but I can't find anything about this one. I assume it's British? I looked in guidestar.org.uk, but couldn't find anything there. Who benefits from it? It says, "LAPR&D was established by patients in 2012 and has one overriding aim: to improve patient care and work together to beat Liver and Pancreatic cancer," but it doesn't say for what population base. And I don't know how much of its funding goes toward its charitable purpose and how much to administration expenses.

Sorry to be difficult, but I am really picky about my charitable donations. I am very pleased to see a charity working on pancreatic cancer, but I would like to know more.

Ultimately, to be fair, I will go with whatever the final decision is, regardless. Well, almost regardless. If it turns out to be a total scam, I'll object a bit to that. I seriously doubt that's the case, though.

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #81 on: March 22, 2018, 05:33:20 PM »
I can assure you it's not a scam Vikki. The founder is a surgeon who operated on me a few years ago and it's all 100% genuine  :)

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
  • Strumming on the couch in pigtails
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« Reply #82 on: March 22, 2018, 05:36:46 PM »
Ah @pompeyjazz , this is personal for you, then. That's a worthy consideration. And, since you're doing all the heavy lifting on this project, it makes sense for you to pay them back. I can get on board with that. Do you know what the scope of their activities is?

Skub

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #83 on: March 22, 2018, 09:23:33 PM »
Yo pomps.

Great news man,knowing first hand the ways of Boydie's mastering witchery,I can't wait to hear the finished product.

We all appreciate the hard graft you and Paul have invested in the project. We all battle the old enemy,so I know how precious  time can be.

I'm happy for any millions raised to go to your chosen charity,if it's good enough for you John,I'm content.  :)

I actually thought the link said 'lapdancercharity'.  :D

Skub

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #85 on: March 22, 2018, 09:48:19 PM »
 :D

Paulski

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #86 on: March 23, 2018, 12:24:35 PM »
Hi John

I'm looking forward to hearing this fully mastered (by the master master  ;D) too
I'm happy to endorse any charity that you chose - and my friends will be more likely to pony up some cash if they know it's not going in my pockets  ;D

Paul

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #87 on: March 23, 2018, 02:57:24 PM »
I'm very pleased to say that the album is now ready for release. All I have to do is to press the "publish" button on Bandcamp and we're ready to roll.

I'll do this later today unless anybody has any objections  :)

A big thank you to all involved for your hard work and patience  :)

John

LostBoy

• Platinum Album
« Reply #88 on: March 23, 2018, 03:10:28 PM »
I’m sooo excited to be on a real life album!! ;D A big thanks to everyone involved.

Viscount Cramer & His Orchestra

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #89 on: March 23, 2018, 03:13:15 PM »
Your hard work John. We just sat here.
Take it easy.

You can check my stuff out here. Mini-album getting bigger slowly. Free download if you're poorer than me.

Easy Life - Viscount Cramer