Forum "Snapshot" Compilation Album

• 115 Replies

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
  • Strumming on the couch in pigtails
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« Reply #60 on: February 22, 2018, 04:27:01 PM »
My thoughts....

1. I want physical CDs, but it costs too much to mail them to me, although I might be able to arrange something with a friend in Canada. It looks like shipping to Canada is a fraction of the cost of shipping to the U.S.A. I need to check on carrying them across the border, though. <<pause while I do that>>  Okay, it's going to be complicated to find out if I can have a CD shipped to my friend in Canada and then go to her house and pick it up and carry it across the border. So I think I'd like to download WAV files, if they'll be available, so I can burn my own.

2. I want to contribute to the costs, and I want to sell copies. Where do I send the money? And how? PayPal would be pretty easy for me. And I will need cover art and CD label art. Oh dear, this is going to be complicated. Well, I'll figure that part out. Maybe I'll forget about the physical CD thing and just tell people where to buy digital copies online. And doesn't CD Baby do physical CDs on demand? I could have that wrong....

So those are my disjointed thoughts. In case they're helpful. ::)  :P ???

Paulski

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #61 on: February 22, 2018, 04:55:49 PM »
I've never done one but maybe a kickstarter campaign would be a place to manage all the finances?
A CD would be cool, but I'd just be ripping it to a thumb drive anyway. But still, a CD would be cool  ;D

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #62 on: February 22, 2018, 06:53:45 PM »
I've done a physical Cd before so don't worry as I know what's involved. We'll get there  :)

Mike67

« Reply #63 on: February 22, 2018, 07:05:12 PM »
Happy to have a go at artwork if you're still looking.

Mike

Martinswede

• Platinum Album
« Reply #64 on: February 22, 2018, 07:42:34 PM »
Hi John! I just wanted to mention that I have no interest in Cds.

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
  • Strumming on the couch in pigtails
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« Reply #65 on: February 23, 2018, 04:24:57 AM »
Where will the digital album be available? I'll buy my copy there and send my friends there as well.

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #66 on: February 23, 2018, 08:22:13 AM »
Where will the digital album be available? I'll buy my copy there and send my friends there as well.

I was thinking Bandcamp as I've used that before.

I need to set up a new profile on Bandcamp and also sort out a bank account and paypal account to keep all the money we're going to make separate  ;D

Hopefully I should have done this in the next few days but pretty busy with other stuff at the moment

John

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #67 on: February 27, 2018, 07:56:00 AM »
UPDATE

Boydie has done a cracking job and completed all the masters.  I've created a Bandcamp page which is private atm and uploaded all the songs there.

Artwork..... Have had several offers for getting the artwork together and @nooms  and @Viscount Cramer & His Orchestra have kindly sent me examples. How do we choose which artwork to use ????

Sleeve Notes @ScottLevi are you up for this, otherwise we could ask everyone to provide an artist profile to add to the Bandcamp page or I could use existing Soundcloud profiles ?

Physical CD, more news soon

Cheers all

John

Katie Wilson

« Reply #68 on: February 27, 2018, 09:55:31 AM »
I'd love a copy when it's finished if you are doing CD that would be great

ScottLevi

• Platinum Album
  • Keep on Trucking
« Reply #69 on: February 28, 2018, 08:24:49 AM »
Hey Hey,

Sorry John been a busy few weeks - did mean to put something together over the weekend for the notes.

Will try again this week  'cos I'm excited for it!

Catch y'all soon.
Scott.

crystalsuzy

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #70 on: February 28, 2018, 12:23:46 PM »
What info do you need from us again, John? Will we need to get an ISRC number so that it can be embedded into our songs? Just learnt that there was such a thing, do don't know much about the whole process. ??? ??? ::) ::)

kevysc

• Platinum Album
  • I'm Working from Memory
    • Your Song Contest
« Reply #71 on: March 01, 2018, 09:32:50 PM »

I don't use Bandcamp, but will it also be available on iTunes?

Cheers,

Kevin

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #72 on: March 01, 2018, 11:08:19 PM »
I can get it available on all digital platforms for naff all via amuse.  But before I do that we need artwork and a few words. ...

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #73 on: March 12, 2018, 08:09:38 AM »
Just a quick update to say there will be more news on the "Snapshot" Album later this week  :)

Darren1664

• Platinum Album
« Reply #74 on: March 12, 2018, 10:08:01 AM »
Just a quick update to say there will be more news on the "Snapshot" Album later this week  :)

Can't wait :) thanks for your efforts Pompz!!