konalavadome

Forum "Snapshot" Compilation Album

• 115 Replies

crystalsuzy

• Stadium Tour

crystalsuzy

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #46 on: February 19, 2018, 11:32:11 AM »
@crystalsuzy  This should be a call for @pompeyjazz  to make as I am simply doing the mastering so I would suggest contacting him to decide on the song

Please let me know as soon as a decision is made and I will download and master the appropriate track

@Boydie  I'm going with Maggi's Living Room  :D Thanks

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz

adamfarr

• Stadium Tour
    • SongEspresso
« Reply #48 on: February 20, 2018, 09:44:41 AM »
It's a great listen - and a great advert for the diversity of the forum. Thanks for pushing this forward and to all helping.

crystalsuzy

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #49 on: February 20, 2018, 11:42:43 AM »
Just as a taster I've uploaded all of the unmastered tracks (in no particular order) to a Private Soundcloud playlist.

Here it is......

https://soundcloud.com/pompeyjazz/sets/snapshot-album-preview/s-idTnZ

What a great listen :) Thanks for putting this together John :)  Number 11 is missing from the play list though. @CaliaMoko  Makin' Lemonade

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz

Viscount Cramer & His Orchestra

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #51 on: February 20, 2018, 07:10:42 PM »
Pat on the back for all the work John.....and Boydie, of course.

Sorry.....I haven't got to grips with this tagging thing yet.....in fact i'm only just getting the hang of the new layout and all....it looks great but I'm getting on now and things get hard you know....changes to stuff....you know...
Take it easy.

You can check my stuff out here. Mini-album getting bigger slowly. Free download if you're poorer than me.

Easy Life - Viscount Cramer

Katie Wilson

« Reply #52 on: February 21, 2018, 12:27:13 AM »
I'd love to be involved but all I can do is write lyrics - Is collaborating with someone allowed ?
« Last Edit: February 21, 2018, 12:29:42 AM by Katie Wilson »

rightly

• Stadium Tour
  • newer Soundcloud https://soundcloud.com/2rightly
    • My cloud o' sound.
« Reply #53 on: February 21, 2018, 07:59:01 AM »
Excellent work Pompey.
I've listened to about 6 tracks only, I thought I'd have my fixed favorites but the album is constant surprises and there's no filler at all.

A collection of works from committed artists not obliged by the restrictive and conservative notions of what's commercial and considered modern.

The album surpasses my hopes.

I'd like to have it in a physical format.
And if others are as inspired as I am, maybe we'll get a sequel.

Thanks for making the effort thus far.

It's either this or that, then again it might be the other. 

I can promise you a future of slow decline.

Don't eat the yellow snow

And there you have it. 

https://soundcloud.com/2rightly

https://soundcloud.com/rightly

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #54 on: February 21, 2018, 08:30:51 AM »
I'm hoping to get 150 copies done. That will be 10 copies each.

Looking at the costs, hopefully around about £10 each will cover the production of the CD's and the postage to each contributor.

@Wicked Deeds - Could you let me have details of the company that sorted your CD ?

Anybody up for sleeve notes ???

With regard to artwork there's a few things on the boil but I'm going to concentrate on getting the music sorted first.

Would anybody like to take the artwork / sleeve notes on in this or a separate thread ??

Thanks to everybody for their wonderful support and agree that it is a fabulous diverse listen highlighting the great talent on the forum  :)

PaulAds

• Stadium Tour
  • Haemorrhaging Enthusiasm
« Reply #55 on: February 21, 2018, 08:37:40 AM »
A quick “thanks” from me too for taking this on, John...it’s a great idea and a brilliant showcase for the talent here...gawd bless ya, guvnor!

I’ll chip in £10 up front to help with costs...but won’t need a physical cd...I’ll burn my own...

Can you drop me a line with details of where to send the money?

I thank ye.

Ps I think someone (Tone?) recommended these guys

http://www.theduplicationservice.com/offers.php

« Last Edit: February 21, 2018, 08:39:57 AM by PaulAds »
heart of stone, feet of clay, knob of butter

adamfarr

• Stadium Tour
    • SongEspresso
« Reply #56 on: February 21, 2018, 09:37:53 AM »
You know who would be perfect for the sleeve notes? @ScottLevi (I know I’m very good at volunteering other people but, Scott if you were up for it...)

And yes, please let us know where to start sending the dosh...

ScottLevi

• Platinum Album
  • Keep on Trucking
« Reply #57 on: February 21, 2018, 10:15:19 AM »
Hey

Cheers Adam, it's an honour to be volunteered got anything :) Had to ohlr what sleeve notes are,just about about each artist? Will do some more research but happy to put something together over the weekend.

Had a listen to the playlist on the commute this morning and boy it is sounding good, a few gems I hadn't heard before too. Real nice variety of talent and fits together well - feel a bit out of place amongst all the great talent but doubt I'm the only one -there's great respect for each other here.

And yes pomp I've us the darts for the $$.

Catch y'all soon,
Scott

Darren1664

• Platinum Album
« Reply #58 on: February 21, 2018, 07:48:38 PM »
Yeah I won't need a physical copy either. I don't do physical music (or anything for that matter except books) these days. I am more than happy to contribute £10 to this though!

And I have to say massive thank you to John. What a great project and what a great bunch of tracks they are. So hope we do do this again!!

All the best

Darren

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #59 on: February 22, 2018, 03:35:26 PM »
Yeah, being such an old fart I forgot that people don't do physical any more. I would still like to get a hard copy made but need to gauge interest. I think 100 may suffice?  Also there is the question of the physical cd format as there are zillions of formats. I was thinking simple sleeve, no jewel case etc etc. Anyway, all up for discussion so thoughts all  :)