Coping with self isolation

• 108 Replies

Neil C

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #105 on: April 18, 2020, 03:09:19 PM »
Great to see and hear you all last night, especially those across the big sea!
Keep well
:-)
Neil
songwriter of no repute..

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
  • Strumming on the couch in pigtails
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« Reply #106 on: April 18, 2020, 04:55:35 PM »
1. You can get around the 40-minute limit if you just start a new Zoom meeting when the first one ends. That's what we did yesterday.

2. Does anyone know how to get the microphone to work with Zoom, running it through a PreSonus interface? I could hear okay, but no one could hear me, so I had to unplug the interface to be heard. In retrospect, it may have worked to turn the interface off; I haven't tried that. But I would prefer to use the interface. I have more control over levels that way.

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
  • Strumming on the couch in pigtails
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« Reply #107 on: April 19, 2020, 12:16:07 AM »
Does anyone know how to get the microphone to work with Zoom, running it through a PreSonus interface? I could hear okay, but no one could hear me, so I had to unplug the interface to be heard. In retrospect, it may have worked to turn the interface off; I haven't tried that. But I would prefer to use the interface. I have more control over levels that way.

Never mind. I figured it out. Yay, me!

PaulAds

• Stadium Tour
  • Haemorrhaging Enthusiasm
« Reply #108 on: May 29, 2020, 05:51:17 PM »
Tee hee. After being at work all through the "pandemic" (including delivering suspected coronavirus samples to the hospital where they do all the local testing and the hospital where they sent most of the covid patients on a daily basis armed only with a bottle of hand sanitiser that I asked for) this week, I was issued with a kit containing gloves, face masks, aprons, anti bacterial wipes, disinfectant solution, clinical waste bags and a set of instructions telling me how to go about my daily routine whilst protecting myself and others.

I believe the situation peaked around April 8th.

The conversation kind of got choked off earlier on in the thread , so I didn't pursue it. But I feel obliged to say I have had serious misgivings about the way this was and is still being handled. There most probably is, I'm afraid, far worse to come. But not in the shape of a virus.

This is worth a read if you've 10 minutes to spare...

http://www.theblogmire.com/reflections-on-the-inevitable-effects-of-the-unnecessary-lockdown/

Other opinions are of course available...and I often wish I had one.

heart of stone, feet of clay, knob of butter