another season they'll return

how long till you turn for me
turn till turnings done?

set your sails and spiraling
circle round the sun

circle round the sun

mihkay:
Really like it.  :)
As with most of the stuff I like it's sounds simple but it sounds like there's lots more going on than just acoustic guitar and voice. I can almost hear a Melotron type string sound in the background especially in the chorus. Is it actually there or is it my imagination?
Vocal has a Ian McCullough (Echo & the Bunnymen) fragility to it and works well.

It may be deliberate, but to my ear the chord changes could be a little smoother in the verse?

ric:

--- Quote from: mihkay on October 16, 2011, 10:16:20 AM ---Really like it.  :)
As with most of the stuff I like it's sounds simple but it sounds like there's lots more going on than just acoustic guitar and voice. I can almost hear a Melotron type string sound in the background especially in the chorus. Is it actually there or is it my imagination?
Vocal has a Ian McCullough (Echo & the Bunnymen) fragility to it and works well.

It may be deliberate, but to my ear the chord changes could be a little smoother in the verse?

--- End quote ---

Thanks,

it's stripped down - there was a chorus inbetween each verse which i left out, so that i could dub it on later, then i thought no. then i worked out electric guitar lines for the song, then decided to keep everything simple. the droning of the acoustic guitars does seem to suggest other things going on - and other things were planned to happen - but in the end i just kept the guitars and guide vocal. One guitar is playing something slightly different (chords) to the others so that gives the general drone effect some contrast

am still working on the guitar sound, i think the pick i use is too rigid, need to experiment with some softer picks, either that or start using a nylon strung acoustic

digger72:
Hi Ric,
Like the tune and lyrics.
Regarding picks, until recently I'd always used the same old heavy-ish 0.96 - 1.5mm. Started messing with some very thin ones and it does give a different dimension. Well worth messing around with.

Digger

ric:

--- Quote from: digger72 on October 16, 2011, 06:38:42 PM ---Hi Ric,
Like the tune and lyrics.
Regarding picks, until recently I'd always used the same old heavy-ish 0.96 - 1.5mm. Started messing with some very thin ones and it does give a different dimension. Well worth messing around with.

Digger

--- End quote ---

Yes thanks Digger,

it wasn't until fairly recently that i seriously got into working out on acoustic with a plec. The hard picks i'd always used for single note work on electric were just too severe and i am still getting strings sounding too up in recordings with a slightly more flexible pick, i need to look at the mildest picks i can find and listen for what they do - funny learning curve after mucking about on guitar for over 30 years but so it goes!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version