konalavadome

Collaboration with Lynn and Dave: The Lake was Frozen - new mixes added

• 27 Replies

adamfarr

• Stadium Tour
    • SongEspresso
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2018, 08:43:39 AM »
Totally not my thing, but I do like things that expand my horizons and there's something engaging about this. I thought the in my head mix really drew me in much better than the original. Really interesting fusion of East and West too which also comes through better in that mix. Thanks for it!

redrhodie

• Platinum Album
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2018, 12:05:11 PM »
Hi guys, I really like this. one of my favourite bands is King Crimson, and this sounds as if it could be a section of one of their 20min epic songs. Love the authentic instrumental sounds.Agree with others comments about the treatment of the vocals. Good stuff!
Cheers
Jamie

Thanks Jamie! I'm sure Keith will be pleased to be compared to Fripp again.

Totally not my thing, but I do like things that expand my horizons and there's something engaging about this. I thought the in my head mix really drew me in much better than the original. Really interesting fusion of East and West too which also comes through better in that mix. Thanks for it!

Really admirable to listen to multiple versions of a song that's not your thing. I really appreciate that, Adam. Yes, we also like the voices in your head mix the best.

Thanks to junkman for the suggestion.

Lynn

montydog

• Stadium Tour
  • http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h40/montydog1/Me
    • Reverbnation
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2018, 03:25:32 PM »
Love a song that starts with a shaken tambourine and then a sitar comes in - wow. The vocal is too far back in the mix for me but otherwise this was a lovely, refreshing change from anything else on the forum ATM. Hats off for the ambition and imagination.

I enjoyed it very much.

M

The one

• Busker
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2018, 02:09:06 PM »
Not bad. Keep up the good work.

PaulyX

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2018, 07:41:23 PM »
Glad I caught this one in time. Really unique, obviously. I also prefered less reverb since the lyrics are cool and need to be clearly heard. Full of atmosphere... it put me in mind of the 'Hauntology' bands like Broadcast... bits of it also made me think of the Bagpuss theme (!) as if played by the Byrds (With apologies to US friends who won't know Bagpuss... a big pink cat in a 70s children's programme). Anyway, very spooky cool and inventive, and felt like it was channelling something, which I'm sure it was.
It's all too beautiful.

redrhodie

• Platinum Album
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2018, 09:47:40 PM »
Love a song that starts with a shaken tambourine and then a sitar comes in - wow. The vocal is too far back in the mix for me but otherwise this was a lovely, refreshing change from anything else on the forum ATM. Hats off for the ambition and imagination.

I enjoyed it very much.

M

Thanks Montydog. Really glad you enjoyed it.

Not bad. Keep up the good work.

Haha. Thanks. We are keeping at work. Maybe good, maybe not. Keeps me from playing with matches.

Glad I caught this one in time. Really unique, obviously. I also prefered less reverb since the lyrics are cool and need to be clearly heard. Full of atmosphere... it put me in mind of the 'Hauntology' bands like Broadcast... bits of it also made me think of the Bagpuss theme (!) as if played by the Byrds (With apologies to US friends who won't know Bagpuss... a big pink cat in a 70s children's programme). Anyway, very spooky cool and inventive, and felt like it was channelling something, which I'm sure it was.

Thanks so much Pauly. I actually saw an episode of Bagpuss for the first time recently, thanks to Keith. It seemed very gentle compared to American cartoons of that era. Or any era. Haha. We like our toons to get hit over the head with large mallets or thrown off tall cliffs. But yes, I think I was channeling something. Dave and I practice improvisation, but I've never gotten a whole story out before. It surprised me.

Lynn

mickyplankton

• Platinum Album
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2018, 10:19:29 PM »
This is very very cool. Ambient. Reminds me of a video game from Japan called Okami which had a similar ambience. Ps2. It's not something I'd listen to on Saturday night though

ScottLevi

• Platinum Album
  • Keep on Trucking
« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2018, 09:14:06 PM »
Hey guys!

Late to the party on this one, which is rude considering I've been doing plenty of listening and enjoying!

Wouldn't usually actively look for things tagged #Ambient, but think I must re-evaluate as this has found itself playing in my feed and every time I've been completely drawn in.

Can't really provide anything other than that, but everything feels so cool and inviting.

Very interesting collaboration, would love to hear more.

All the best,
Scott.

redrhodie

• Platinum Album
« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2018, 12:46:17 PM »
This is very very cool. Ambient. Reminds me of a video game from Japan called Okami which had a similar ambience. Ps2. It's not something I'd listen to on Saturday night though

Haha, it's definitely more Sunday morning. Probably a good remedy for Saturday night.

Thanks for listening, Micky.

Hey guys!

Late to the party on this one, which is rude considering I've been doing plenty of listening and enjoying!

Wouldn't usually actively look for things tagged #Ambient, but think I must re-evaluate as this has found itself playing in my feed and every time I've been completely drawn in.

Can't really provide anything other than that, but everything feels so cool and inviting.

Very interesting collaboration, would love to hear more.

All the best,
Scott.

Thanks so much, Scott. That's actually great feedback about tagging it ambient. I always have a hard time deciding how to tag anything. I put one song in as country, which it is in the loosest definition, and hardly anyone listened.

And no, you're totally not rude for commenting now. I thought this song was dead in the water. Haha. Thanks for the bump.

Lynn

diademgrove

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2018, 10:29:51 PM »
Sorry I haven't replied but this year has been incredibly busy. I've now added the link to my favourite alternative vocal treatment to the first post.

Thanks for all the positive comments much appreciated.

Keith

Cazrolina

• Open Mic
    • Instagram:
« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2018, 12:03:13 AM »
I just fell through the ice for a refreshing dip in the cool flowing water. Brilliant, atmospheric and revitalising somehow. Your voice working perfectly. Jim M would have been proud.
:) cx
Caz
AlphaLine

Debut EP ‘Polarity’ out now.
Listen here: https://www.alphalineband.com/press-1/polarity-out-now

Paulski

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #26 on: February 03, 2018, 03:47:55 AM »
Great collab guys. I think the vocals and music marry together really well. No easy task for this type of stuff. Interesting lyrics too. Nice to hear avant garde on the forum  ;D ;D

Paul

SlavaB

• Open Mic
  • Born to Rock
    • Official Web Site
« Reply #27 on: February 03, 2018, 10:00:28 AM »
This genre is not something that I like or listen to very often, but the work that you did and uploaded last without that reverb is a lot a lot better. As the one from beginning was giving me a feeling that I sit inside the submarine and having drugs with a Mr. Nemo Nautica. Very unusual music the one who actually love ambient will find it a good piece of work, as long as you keep it without reverb.

Best Regards,
SlavaB.