Facebook Group ?

• 9 Replies

kevysc

• Platinum Album
  • I'm Working from Memory
    • Your Song Contest
« on: January 11, 2018, 03:52:09 PM »
I would like to propose setting up a Facebook group that we could use to help get further exposure for the Forum and it's Artists! For example, anyone with a new release or upcoming Gig could announce to the group ... Over time, we may even get our own audience of listeners!

I would be happy to administer it.

Let me know what you think ...

Kevin

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
  • Strumming on the couch in pigtails
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2018, 04:10:49 PM »
I would be interested in knowing the comparative advantages and disadvantages of a group versus a page on Facebook first. I have a love/hate relationship with Facebook. It has a long reach so I use it for family and other group connections and communication. But those are "secret" and/or "private" groups, so I can control the drivel.

What you're thinking of would have to be open to the public, or it wouldn't have the desired effect. I suppose, if you made it a group and only allowed group members to post in the group, you could eject anyone who leaves inappropriate posts.

Do you have a vision for how it would be set up and administered? It could be an interesting experiment.

kevysc

• Platinum Album
    • Your Song Contest
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2018, 04:55:13 PM »
I agree we would want to start slowly and build from there ...

I would propose a closed group i.e. only approved members could post. I would propose that we limit members, at least initially, to those who are also members of this forum. This could be extended to "friends of the forum" over time. (As I mentioned,I am happy to administer this part, at least initially.)

All members would have visibility to all posts. They could also choose to share posts with their own networks, as they deem appropriate.

As an example, let's say Rightly announces the release of a song that you really like: you could choose to share that post with some/all of your network suggesting they check it out. 

I really believe we have some talented artists on the forum and would love to be able to help get our music heard more widely!

Kevin

Darren1664

• Platinum Album
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2018, 06:08:07 PM »
Hi Kev

I do like this idea and was thinking something similar myself. Done the right way this could be really useful for getting our music to the ears of more people. There is the potential as well to use it as an incentive to get more people involved in forum competitions as winners could have their songs 'showcased' (or whatever) on the page.

I'm sure there are issues we'd need to think about before proceeding and I'm sure the forum goers with more experience of Facebook/Social Media/running a forum can highlight them.

Well done for offering up your time on this.

Did think about as well whether we could set up a Forum Radio Station but it was a fleeting idea with little thought in it :P

Cheers

Darren

Skub

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2018, 09:06:17 PM »
I'm on the book of face and although I've not found it particularly useful tool to gather song plays,I'd participate nevertheless.

It's kind of you to offer your time Kev,between the Spotify playlist and this proposal,I for one appreciate your efforts. Thanks man.  :)

kevysc

• Platinum Album
    • Your Song Contest
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2018, 10:29:48 AM »
Given the lack of comments, I am assuming this is not a major priority for most people. Having said that, I do think it would be helpful for promoting the group and would like to ahead and try it, unless there are any major objections?

(If it doesn'r work, I can always shut it down, but I'd at least like to try  :) )
Thanks,

Kevin

rightly

• Stadium Tour
  • newer Soundcloud https://soundcloud.com/2rightly
    • My cloud o' sound.
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2018, 12:38:34 PM »
I'd be with in on that, Kevin
Count me in. A good idea.

Rightly.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2018, 05:32:24 PM by Rightly »
It's either this or that, then again it might be the other. 

I can promise you a future of slow decline.

Don't eat the yellow snow

And there you have it. 

https://soundcloud.com/2rightly

https://soundcloud.com/rightly

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
  • Strumming on the couch in pigtails
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2018, 04:37:44 PM »
Facebook is not my favorite thing but I use it. It's useful for facilitating communication for specific groups and I will join the group when you set it up.

RealKevM

• Platinum Album
    • Soundcloud Real KevM 2
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2018, 06:14:19 AM »
Sounds like a great idea.

kevysc

• Platinum Album
    • Your Song Contest
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2018, 09:16:19 AM »
Thanks for the replies.

I also got some PM comments, based upon which I am going to hold off for a few weeks before launching. But stay tuned ....

Kevin