Songwriter Forum > Feedback on Finished songs

New track needs vocals

(1/3) > >>

domstone86:
Hey guys. sorry I've been away, I've been at college and working on 5 different projects with limited internet connectivity! Anyway, I made something new, made it in an aim to get it sold, but I like it, so might just make it something of my own.

I am terrible at lyrics writing, but this is a serious project, so if anybody thinks they can write something to this, let me know!

http://soundcloud.com/domstone86/alternative-pop-rock-track

Thanks =] x

Kafla:
Dom , this is bloody fantastic

I love the instrumentation particularly the guitar which is so emotive and well played

Ironically the guitar would almost certainly make it impossible to sing anything over the top as it dominates the whole recording - so you would need to strip some of the playing out - which would be a shame as I love it  ::)

Fantastic piece of music and recording  ;D

Razor:
Another one of those tracks that normally wouldn't be my bag but I end up really liking. The guitar just sails through the whole of the track and whilst it may be tricky to get a vocal to slot in there without it feeling crowded, I don't think it would be impossible. Well done.

Dutchbeat:
Hey Domstone, that is beautiful!!!!!!
yeahhhhhhhhhhh 8)

I think it will is very suitable for vocals, i can hear that melody going along and over there (because of the other sounds, I think i would recommend a high(probably female) voice...)

spectacular song!!! But writing lyrics is not my cup of tea, and it doesn't help that English is not my language. I hope you will find a writer via this forum. I am getting real good collaborations nowadays, via this forum, for writing lyrics mainly from Liam from Neverwas, so i hope you find a good music partner via this forum, for lyrics, but also one of the great singers of this forum may be interested

that is just one hell of a great recording you have made !!!!!!!!!!!!

digger72:
Hi Dom,

Great sounding tune. It's got that Coldplay vibe running through it. I think a vocal can sit on it quite nicely, but as a kind of duet with the guitar lead parts. The vocal dropping at times to almost a breathy whisper as the lead lines take precedence, at others joining in harmony. The only bit I wasn't too keen on was the lead bit between 1.25-1.45 (reminded me of a piece of music from Top Gun).

Good luck with it.

Digger

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version